✨in trouble✨

-Serenity's POV-
I quickly shut the door behind me as I walked inside. "You have a lot of explaining to do you young lady!" My father yelled standing up from the couch. "I'm sorry Papa, I didn't mean to I feel asleep reading under the tree and-" "no! You're in a lot of trouble young lady! As a punishment, no books for a week and you have to go to a cabinet meeting with me tomorrow." He crossed his arm. "I'm sorry Papa." I said try not to cry. "Go to your room young lady. I' very disappointed in you." do as I'm told and do a walk of shame to my bedroom. The next morning I'm woken up by my dad. "Time to get up and get ready for the meeting. I pick out for dress for you get it on and meet me down stairs."

I wasn't the most fashionable dresses but my mother did make it for me and I loved my mother

I wasn't the most fashionable dresses but my mother did make it for me and I loved my mother. I put on the old dress and walked down stairs where my dad was waiting for me with my mother. "Oh look at you, you haven't worn that dress in forever! It always looks so lovey on you!" She looked so happy seeing you wearing the dress she made. "Ready to go My dear." He held out his arm and I took it, we made our way to the big building.

Once we walked in it was very over whelming. A saw other kids my age around the room all boys with their dads learning about government. My dad walked off to great Mr. Washington leaving me alone in the doorway. I looked around the room and saw Phillip sitting in a chair with another man next to him who I assume was his father. I walked over to him smiling. "Hello Phillip." I said to him. "Serenity, what are you doing here!" He said standing up excitedly taking my hands in his. "I got grounded my punishment is no book for week and I have to come here." I frowned. "Phillip, who is this lovey lady?" The man next to Phillip said standing up. "Dad this is the girl Mom told you about. Serenity." He said letting go of my hands. "It's nice to meet you Sir." Put out my hand to shake his. "Please, call me Alexander." He said with a smile. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see my dad. "Serenity, why are you talking to these men?" He said squeezing my shoulder. "I was just making conversation Papa." I said looking at him not seeing the problem with it. "Jefferson? She is your daughter?" Alexander said in shock. "Yes she is, Now we're leaving, goodbye hamilton."

We walked to our seats "what did I say about Hamiltons!" He said crossing his arms. "Is that the Phillip you were taking about! Phillip Hamilton!" He said angrily almost yelling. I started crying. His face softened. "My dear please don't cry, I'm sorry for yelling. But you know how I feel about the Hamilton men." He rubbed my back as I cried. When I lifted my head and whipped my eye I looked at Phillip who was looking at me sadly his dad is probably giving him the same lecture. The meeting started and I kept making eye contact with Phillip, I wanted run over to him and hug him.