✨Marriage✨

-Serenity's POV-
     Three weeks no letters from Phillip, I don't really do anything anymore, I haven't touched a book in days, I don't sit under the tree anymore, I don't really talk to my dad anymore only a few words and nothing more. I laid in bed looking at the wall She a knock came from my door. "Serenity dear? It's your mommy!" My Mom sang as she opened my door. "Come down stairs, we have a surprise for you." I sighed fixed my dress and followed my mom down stairs where my dad was sitting in his velvet purple chair across from another man.

"Serenity! So good to see you my dear." My dad stood up and so did the other man. "This is Eric Rose. He want to marry you." My dad smiled. "Hello Ms. Jefferson." Eric took my hand a kissed it, it made me wanna throw up. "Nice to meet you too Mr. Rose." I said faking a smile. "I'll leave you too to get to know each other." Then my mom and dad walked outside. "So Serenity what do you do for fun." He said sitting next to me on the couch. "Oh I read, my mother taught me how." I said looking at my lap. "A women who can read!" He laughed. "Never met one of those before." Is this guy serious? I know not many women know how to read but laughing about it? Really! "So Eric what do you do for work?" I asked trying to be polite even though I wanted to cry cause I didn't want to marry him. I wanted to marry Phillip. "I'm in school right now but I want to be apart of government one day." "Well that's nice." 

After a while I know I don't want to marry him, he is sexist and really not my type of man but it was to late I had no choice but to grit my teeth and say yes to him. I needed to see Phillip.