Super senses

Peter

I was sitting in my room with my headphones on. Not that I listened to music. They just muffled all the sounds a bit. A few days ago my senses basically smacked me right in the face. Now from time to time they do the same. Out of nowhere I can just hear dad singing in the shower two floors under me and feel the wind from dust landing on the floor. It can seriously hurt. So lately I've soundproofed my room and stayed there. But that's not all. Sometimes even my vision can go to super blurry to super sharp. Often when it does that my head hurts like bad word in pops mouth.

-Peter boss and the others are requesting your company at the dinner table, Friday said.

-Okay, I said and took a deep breath.

The only time if day when I couldn't stay in my room was dinner time. Once I tried that and dad came rushing in thinking I was dead. So I had to go. But I keep my headphones on, hoping pops wouldn't ask me to take them of. I never know when my senses will kick in. So I have to be careful. So far they've never popped up at dinner time.

....

I entered the dinning room and everyone were already eating. Quietly I sat down and started eating.

-Hi Pete! Aunt Nat said.

-Hi, I mumbled.

-Peter take off your headphones. It's rude, pops said.

I slowly did as I was told and let out a small sigh of relif when my senses didn't kick in. Aunt Nat sent me a suspicious look but didn't say anything.

-You've been in your room all week Pete. Whatcha doing there? Dad asked.

-Nothing much. Sleeping, I mumbled again.

-Nice with summer huh? Uncle Sam asked.

I just nodded. By this time everyone around the table sent each other looks. I knew they was worried. But I couldn't act normal because that might trigger my senses.

-So....Peter. Me and uncle dipshit is going on patrol later. Wanna join? uncle Sam asked.

-Uh...no....I think I'll just stay at home, I said and finished my dinner.

-Peter what is up with you? You've been acting weird lately, Rhodey asked.

I grabbed my plate and stood up.

-I'm going back to my room, I mumbled and walked towards the kitchen.

Suddenly I felt my ears start to pump and I dropped the plate. As the plate split into pieces I heard everyone's heartbeats go up for a second. My vision became blurry, then sharp and then blurry again. From a distance I could hear my family calling my name. Then suddenly it felt like they screamed in my ear. I felt them all leaving the table to rush to my side. My head was killing me and I fell to the floor just sobbing because it hurt so much. Dad kept screaming my name but I couldn't answer him. I was in too much pain. This vent on for a while and when my family tried to move me I just hugged the floor and didn't let them. Then it all stopped....
I slowly sat up and looked at my family who were worrying sick of me right now. Slowly I turned my bead towards my dad. He just hugged me tightly, didn't say anything. Just embraced me.

-Peter what was that? Wanda asked.

-A-a sense attack, I answered.

-A what? Pops asked.

-M-my super senses h-has recently gro-grown....and now.... sometimes.....they become super strong. A-a-and whe-when t-they do......i-it h-hu-hurts a lot, I stuttered.

-Is that why you've been in your room all week? Uncle Bucky asked.

I nodded.

-Oh Pete, aunt Nat sighed and hugged me. "We will fix this okay? But next time something like this happens, please just come and tell us. We have been worried all week"

-I promise, I smiled.

-Great! Then why don't we go down to the lab and run some tests and let your dad take it from there. Sounds good?

-Come here son, pops said and threw me over his shoulder.

-You don't have to carry me pops. I can walk on my own, I laughed.

-I know. But I want to carry you. After all you're not that big yet.

-Oh c'mon! I'm 15!!

-You weight like you're 5

-Poops!!!