22} Conventional Family - Part 2

Hearing the hotel door opening and closing once again brings Dean's eyes away from the eager supernatural fans and towards the door, watching carefully as you and Sam approach him, a cut still marking your forehead but nothing apparently wrong with you otherwise. He lets out a sigh of relief.

"Everything is fine now." You whisper softly to Dean as you get close enough, smiling at the strangers and frowning as you notice them still holding the dated leather. "Hey guys, can I get a look at that map we found please?"

They look excited and disappointed at the same time.

"One condition," the taller of the two starts anxiously, "we work together. Oh and we get the sizzler gift card!"

You contemplate it briefly before deciding they'd probably leave around the time you start digging up the body anyway and nodding your head.

"Fine, but you follow my orders, you got it?" You warn, watching them get flustered and not even wanting to imagine the filth going through their heads.

"Sure thing, (y/n). Oh and we get to be Sam and Dean!" This time it's the shorter of the two who speaks.

Both brothers pull a funny face, creeped out by how eager these guys are to pretend to be them, and you find yourself repulsed too but you agree nonetheless, finally getting your hands on the map and quickly locating the graveyard.

You show it to the boys and don't wait for them before exiting the building and walking briskly to the site via baby to pick up the essentials for this salt and burn, trying your best to ignore the two strangers reciting from memory what sounds like a pretty personal conversation between Sam and Dean.

"Alright, that's enough." Dean cuts them off, angry beyond measure.

"What's wrong Bobby?" Damien asks, once again being thrown off and finding himself out of character.

"I'm not Bobby. Okay? You're not Sam and you're not Dean! What is wrong with you? Why in the hell would you choose to be these guys?" Dean finally snaps, everyone stopping in their tracks to look at him. You know exactly how he's feeling and frankly, you're just glad you aren't having to put up with some weird woman pretending to be you.

"Because we're fans, like you." Barnes, the other civilian, speaks up.

"No, I am not a fan, okay? We are not fans! In fact, I think that the Dean and Sam story sucks. It is not fun, it's not entertaining, it is a river of crap that would send most people howling to the nuthouse." His voice is gravely and laced with lethal amounts of sheer hatred that spills over into his stormy, emerald eyes. "So you listen to me. Their pain is not for your amusement. I mean, you think they enjoy being treated like...like circus freaks?" Dean

"Uh...I don't think they care...because they're fictional characters!" Damien replies sarcastically, his sass doing nothing but pissing Dean off even more, made abundantly clear in the way he clenches his jaw and tilts his head.

"Oh they care, believe me. They care a lot." Tired of listening to one of his many arguments with Sam being poorly acted out in front of him in corny, unrealistically deep voices, Dean storms off. Not even looking at you as he brushes past and you reach out to take his hand, missing it by an inch.

"He uh...he takes the story really seriously." Sam excuses his behaviour but both the men still seem unprepared to believe he's so wound up over a book.

You simply roll your eyes and follow Dean sighing as the tombstones come into view and everyone pulls out their flashlights, the actual hunters searching for the spirit's name on the tombstones, quickly finding it, but the other two shining their lights into the bushes and undergrowth instead.