Ceaser x Koba

Ceaser x Koba angst/fluff

*TRIGGER WARNING; TALK OF SELF HARM! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.*

The sun was rising, the golden rays of light reflecting off the small stream beside the ape colony down the hill. A single ape sat alone in a boulder by the river, a fresh wound on him and a grim face full of self loathing and regret. Koba felt the sting of the wound on his foot, watching as the blood trickled down onto the rock and into the flowing stream below.

He knew he should stop, to ask for help or tell someone of his feelings, but he couldn't stand the thought of someone thinking that he was weak because he had dark thoughts embedded in his mind. So he did this to himself, his wounds growing more while he 'accidentally' hurt himself now and then. Last week was one of the worst, he thought be was going to die. He took on a mohntisn cat on his own and was cut terrible the Obas were quixk to help him but in a way he enjoyed seeing the blood pour from his wound. He watched as they stitched him up with human medicine and strings. After a while he kept picking at the stitches and make them bleed. Many simply thought he was just working too hard and making them loose. No one knew he was reopening them on purpose.

This time it was a spear, stepping on the tip of it after returning from the hunt. It nearly went completely through his foot and made him scrunch his eyes in pain. After putting the catch of the day away, he excused himself from the hunting party and limping off to tend to it by the river alone. Ceaser, who was apart of the hunting party, saw the accident. It didn't seem like one to him. It seemed as if Koba deliberately stepped on the spear, setting it on the ground and slamming his foot down hard on the sharp end.

His suspicions grew, he thought it was odd that the warrior had been so clumsy. He followed the male down the hill and saw him staring at his bleeding foot, but made no move to stop it. He just let the blood seep from the wound. Ceaser approached, noting that Koba hadn't heard his presence.

"Koba." He jumped and whipped his head around to see the ape king looking down at him with those piercing eyes.

'What have you done to yourself my friend?' He signs gently as he sits down beside his friend. Koba didn't answer, only glared at the blood.

'An accident.' He signs quickly.

'You do not have to lie to me Koba.' Ceaser replies.

Koba just shakes his head and looks away. How does he tell his friend he self harms? He watched the blood trickle more until he heard his friend huff. He took a quick glance and saw Ceaser sitting patiently, waiting for an explanation.

'Ceaser, am I weak to you?' He signs.

'No, you are the strongest warrior in the colony.' He replies.

Koba sighed and lifts his foot, wiggling his toes as the blood began to slow. Still be made no move to stop it. Ceaser made a concerned face and moved to his foot, reaching out and grabbing a leaf and pressing it to his friend's foot.

"Why Koba." He says aloud.

Koba glared sadly at his friend, not knowing how to answer him. Ceaser looks at his friend and saw his expression, sighing deeply and standing. He sat by his friend and brought the ape close to his shoulder.

"Tell me" he says aloud. Koba was still a moment before sighing deeply.

'I feel weak Ceaser. I do not know why but... when I get hurt, I feel a strange feeling in my chest. It makes me feel better knowing I bleed the same as everyone else.' Ceaser was in awe. Koba hurts himself on purpose?

'Why would you do that? You should not feel the need to  hurt yourself to prove you are strong.' He replies. Koba said nothing. Ceaser sighed and took his friends shoulders.

'Koba. You know you are the best warrior. You are stronger then all of them and my closest friend. I do not want you to be afraid of who you are. you have the potential to be something great and I can't run the colony without you. You are my strength and I will be yours. If you give me a chance to help you.'

Koba looks up at his friend and smiled a little, nodding and pressing his forehead to the kings. No words needed to be said. The two sat for a while and watched the sun rise together, finally at peace.