Rocket

Rocket x hybrid! Reader

Rocket and Ceaser stood at the trees and surveyed the area.

'What do you see Ceaser?' Rocket asks.

'Nothing yet brother, though I heard something from below.' He says nodding to the rivers edge.

'I will go see.' He replied jumping down and heading to the river.

When he arrived, he heard a splash and stopped, climbing up a tree and hiding behind the bark. As the splashing stopped, he looked around and almost gasped at the sight. There was an ape with human clothes on, at least it looked like an ape from behind. The arched back and fuzzy head was the main signs. The ape tied the water it was standing in before they knelt down, filling a water jug and taking long sips. That's when rocket noticed their hands. It was nearly bare compared to the rest of them, with fur on the top but not on the sides.

Rocket shook his head in confusion and waited until the ape turned around more and began to walk up the hill towards him, then climbed down. He jumped in the way of the ape, startling them making them fell backwards. The hood of their human coat dropped off their face and rocket froze.

It was a human woman... but it wasn't. She looked like a human but had hair and a lips and eyes like an ape, with sharp canines poking out of her human lips and big ape ears on the side of her head.

Rocket was shocked, he had never seen anything like it before in all his life. He howled loudly, startling her and put his spear down, holding his hands up to signal he was unarmed. The female scooted back a bit, her bright orbs eyeing him with wide suspicion. Ceaser arrived and saw the hybrid, eyes widening in shock as well and seeing the female.

'We will take her to our home. She has answers for us.' He signs walking away.

~Your POV~

You watched the two apes exchange signs for a moment before the tall dark one glared a little at you, walking away. The gray furred one turned to you and held out his hand making you flinch, afraid he'd hit you. He saw this a tried again, slower this time. You reluctantly took his large hand in your own, gasping as he lifted you with ease and began to lead you a day by your jacket sleeve. You feared they would hurt you so you stayed as quiet as you could so you wouldn't anger them. You don't need any more bruises on your person.

When you reached the colony you were surprised it looked like a small village. Apes were everywhere looking at you and watching as you enter the colony with their king and his second, Rocket. Rocket pulled you along and stopped you before the giant rock, patting your shoulders before backing away. You gulped, fiddling with your fingers as the dark haired one approached.

"What are you?" He asks in a gruff voice.

"...um... I don't have a name... the scientists called me hyby..."

(Hyby= hi-bee)

"You look like us... but you look like human... which one are you?"

"...both."

This caused an uproar to the colony. Apes began to howl and hoot angrily at the newcomer while Rocket stepped closer, hand up and trying to calm his ape brethren. Ceaser held his hand up, silencing them all and turning back to you.

"You stay tonight. Tomorrow you leave." He says and you nod.

"Okay... thank you." You reply quietly.

He nods, signing something to Rocket before walking away.

The gray ape walked up to you and nudged you again. You walked beside him as he led you past the huts and to a tiny one.

"Stay." He says, his own voice deep and scratchy from lack of use whole he pointed to the hut. You climbed in and crawled into a ball, watching as he looked in on you.

"Rocket." He says poking himself in the chest.

"(Y/n)." You reply.

He nods with a small smile and walked away, leaving you to fall asleep in the small hole in the wall.

The next morning you felt someone poke your cheek. You saw an ash colored ape with white markings on his face looking in at you. He waved you over and you climbed out. He took your jacket sleeve and pulled you along to a large group of the apes and saw they were all having breakfast together. The little ape all but pushed you against Rocket, who stood when he saw the two of you coming. He smiled reassuringly at your nervous look and nodded to you, holding out some berries to you. You smiled a little at him and thanked him, sitting down beside him and eating quickly knowing you had to leave soon. Ceaser noticed his friends look and hummed, munching his own dried meats before looking to his mate, who nodded.

'She should stay.' Cornelia signs.

'She is human.' Ceaser shakes his head at his mate, who huffed at him.

'But she is also ape. She won't survive out there alone.' She replies and turns back to her meal.

Rocket, who saw the conversation, felt hope build up in his chest as he looked at you. You were human, but you were so cute. And he missed having a female around since his mate died 2 winters past. He threw a look Ceaser's way and saw Ceaser thinking. When he caught rockets look, he sighed and nodded. Rocket smiled and signed something to his son, who cocked his head and looked to you.

All the while you were staring at rocket. He was tall and handsome for an ape, and he was kind to you, not like the scientists. You blinked when he turned to you and smiled.

"You stay here now. Teach you sign. Hunt. Tell us story. Your past." He says in a broken voice.

"Really? I can stay?" With his nod, you grinned and thanked Ceaser with a nod and a grin. Ceaser merely shook his head with a smile as he watched his friend scoot closer to the little half breed. He was such a sucker for a cute face.