Luca

Luca x reader fluff/angst

You huffed out a breath as you stumbled through the old compound with a pile of wood in your arms. Your gun was falling off your shoulder and you were already aggravated you had to carry the damn thing in the first place. You never agreed to this madness, finding the apes and killing them all off. But your father was a general in the army and insisted you join so he could protect you. A lot of good that did him. Not months after they found the forest, he was struck with a new form of the simian flu and died a dumb mute. You didn't mourn him, you hated your father for what he wanted to do to the apes. You rooted for the apes, always being stuck in cages and tested on, shoved in zoos and forced to entertain the humans until they died. It was sickening, nobody Ebert accused you of not being an animal lover that's for sure.

You were left at your fathers compound with another man's daughter who died of the virus. You were in charge of looking after her since nobody else wanted to catch the virus. You didn't care, so here you were, struggling to keep the wood up in your arms as you walked through the compound. As you turned a large brush of wood, you paused with a gasp.

Three apes stood at the entrance to the compound, looking at you. A large orangutan and a gray chimp and gorilla with guns. You gulped as they stared at you. Not threatened, but curious, especially the gorilla.

"Hi... I'm just gonna... put this down ok?" You say aloud as you slowly drop the wood at your feet. When they saw the gun, the chimp bristled. But you held your arms out.

"It's ok, I am just putting it down. Ok? Just setting it here." You say as you slowly pull the gun from your shoulders and set it down on top of the wood, then stepping back.

When they didn't attack, you backed up more and once you were clear of the wood pile, you spun around and ran to the building where the girl was hiding. You shut and locked the door with a pant, running into the room and pulling the confused child from the bed and hiding her underneath it while you whipped around, just as you heard a loud bang and the broken sound of wood and metal. They got in and began searching.

Then suddenly, they burst through the door and a newcomer held you at gun point and was glaring at you with pure malice. You winced, holding your arms up and standing in front of the girl, who peaked out from under the bed. Then strangely, the gorilla huffed and signed to the newcomer then pointed to the girl. The new chimp lowered his weapons and turned to the others.

"Gather what we need." He says aloud, surprising you.

They walked away, all but the orangutan, who walked up and held out his hand to you and the girl. The girl took it instantly, all but clinging to the ape already as he began to walk out. You followed reluctantly and watched as the apes cleared out the place of the food and supplies before getting on some horses.

The orangutan walked you and the girl out and managed to convince the chimp to let the two of you go with them.

You were pulled by the scruff of your collar by the gorilla onto his horse and began to ride away. Your hands instantly wrapped around his stomach and felt the warmth of his body sooth your cold tired bones.

This went on for days, riding behind Luca and learning his name through the leader, Ceaser. Then at night he would share his meats and water with you, sitting particularly close and then sleeping by your side at night.

Eventually you began to grow feelings for the gorilla. One morning after meeting the little ape and convincing him to help them to the human zoo, you had woken and dressed the girl early and walked outside, seeing a beautiful tree blooming with pink flowers. You smiled, inhaling the sweet scent not noticing Luca walked up to you. You noticed him and turned, smiling a bit at him as he approached. Then he surprised you by plucking a flower from the tree and gently sticking it behind your ear, brushing his knuckles across your cheek in the process. You blush with a smile, making him smile back before walking to the horse. You followed him and climbed up after him, this time holding his waist and snuggling into his warm back. You didn't notice the smile on his face while they rode out.

When the smaller ape, who called himself Bad Ape, led them to the human zoo, Ceaser insisted on going to check it out. Luca joined, following close behind and watching as Ceaser pulled a half dead ape from the handmade cross and asked what happened. Luca approached and put the ape out of his misery with  knife to keep quiet. You were leaning against a rock when you noticed a man sneaking around behind them, gun aimed at Luca. Gasping, you jumped over the boulder and rushed to the man, knocking into him as he shot the gun.

Luca and Ceaser jumped and whipped around to see the man with the gun pointed at you and you on the ground, still. Luca saw red, growling as he launched at the man, knocking him down and breaking his gun apart before hitting him over and over again. Once the man was still, Luca let out a deep breath and rushed to you. He gently pulled you onto your back and saw a large round wound in your side. Luca's face contorted into worry as he held your head up, hearing your quiet breathing.

"Why?" He asks quietly.

"People do crazy things when they're in love." You reply quietly with a small smile before your eyes closed. You were so tired... Too tired...