Koba

Suicidal!Koba x reader fluff

Koba stood on the cliff of the river, staring down at the roaring rapids below. He had thought of this for a long time. After what he had done back in San Francisco, he didn't deserve to be treated so well by Ceaser and the others. He had forgiven him and invited him to their new home, with a little encouraging from you of course. Since then you had been by his side

Many of the apes still didn't trust him, but he couldn't blame them. He killed his own kind; his guilt was so raw and strong that he thought many times of ending it all to make amends for the suffering he caused. That is why he stood on the cliff of the waterfall now. He had to do it, had to set things right. As he stepped out into the small river, his legs were all but consumed by the raging water around his knees and up to his hips. He stood up to the edge and inhaled deeply, closing his eyes to plunge.

"Koba?" Someone called.

He knew your sweet voice anywhere. Nightly it would haunt his dreams and make his heart beat faster. How he adored you, ever bit of you.

"Koba!" Suddenly he slowly turned around, looking and seeing you running towards the river edge to him, a terrified look on your face, seeing him standing a little too close to the raging falls for your liking.

"What are you doing?" You asked as you stopped by the water's edge.

He ignored you, glaring sadly at the flowing river around him and back to the edge. You hummed worriedly and splashed into the river, walking towards him as best you could, tripping now and then from the strong current. Once you were beside him, you looked out at the view. The sun was slowly lowering in the sky, making the area darken with shades of pink and orange and purple. The valley was green and thick, trees spreading across the land and a path hidden beneath them, leading to the ape village beneath the waterfall.

"You know you can get a plenty good view from the shoreline." You say jokingly a bit.

He didn't answer; for a moment he just stood there, fists clenched and firm sad frown set on his face. You sighed, standing beside him a while as the two of you stared at the valley below.

"...(y/n)..." you turned to his sad face.

"I want you to do something for me." He says.

"What?"

"...I want you to go home. Go home...and not turn back."

"Why would I wanna do that?" You ask with a nervous smirk on your face.

"So you don't see me jump." He replies, causing you to whip around and gave him completely.

"What! Why would you want to jump, you'd kill yourself!"

"That is the point..."

"Koba..." he whipped to face you.

"(Y/n) I have done terrible things,even to my own kind. Its my fault they are hiding, my fault that Ceaser cannot trust me. I won't burden them anymore." He says.

You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Koba was one of the strongest warriors in the village, you knew he had to feel worse then guilty to imagine doing something like this. You took his arm and he looked down at you.

"Koba, listen to me. You are not a burden, you were apart of this colony long before and because of your help, the village thrived. So you made a mistake, that's why you CAN be trusted, because the reflections of your mistakes made you learn from them." You took his shoulders and he looked at you, tears welling up in his hardened eyes.

"How can you think so highly of me? I am a monster. Dying will make amends to what I have done." He growls and turns back to the shore, slowly walking forwards.

Your eyes widened as he looked down at the falls. Then you sighed deeply, taking his hand and holding tight. He looked down at your hand and up to your face, seeing a stern expression on your face.

"Death never makes anything better. But if your going to do it, I'm doing it with you." You say.

"Why would you do that? You made no mistakes."

"Yes I have. my mistake is believing you were strong enough to fight against these thoughts of yours." You growled, causing him to be taken aback by your words. You sighed, looking down at the roaring waters below and then back to him.

"No matter what you've done Koba, I will stand by you... in life and in death. I will never abandon you so long as I live because it was you who gave me a chance at life. Your not going anywhere without me. You know why?" You smile.

"Why..." he breaths as he stares in your bright hues, already knowing the answer but wanting to hear it from your lips.

"Because I love you." You smile, cupping his scratchy yet warm cheeks and bringing his face closer to yours.

You kissed his lips softly, wrapping your hands around his neck as his arms reluctantly slipped around your waist and pulled you closer. The two of you shared a warm kiss in the cool river of the waterfall, enjoying in one another's company while the sun set beyond you, enveloping you two in a warm golden color.