Koba

Koba x reader

You woke to a beautiful morning in the forest of Red Wood. The birds chirped in the trees, the warm sun enveloped your body and the smell of spring flowers hung in the air. You woke from your soft fur nest of a hut in an ape colony where you have lived for years.

You rolled over with a sigh, hand searching for your mate Koba. But all you felt was the empty spot of your nest. You blinked your eyes open in surprise and looked around. Your son Shadow was not in the nest either. You worried for a moment before figuring the two were together. You sat up with a stretch and sighed, smiling down at your semi flat stomach. With a soft pat, you stood and left the hut to find your mate and son.

You found the two playing with each other. Koba was circling his son as the young male ape swung at him with a small training spear. He was making such good progress as a warrior but you worried. He was still young, how could Koba think it was ok to start his training so young. He was barely climbing trees by his self when Koba out the spear in his hand.

You made your way to them and sat on the boulder by the grounds and watched a moment. Koba made the mistake of looking your way for a moment, causing Shadow to jump in his back and knock him over. He landed with a ooph at his wife's feet and you burst out laughing. Shadow gibbered and huffed with laughter as he sat on his father's back, his fists high in the air in victory.

"Oh honey are you ok?" You giggle.

He just sat up on his elbows and glared half hazardly at you, causing you and your son to laugh more.

"Okay now, time for breakfast." You grin.

Shadow nods, climbing off his father and running past his two parents and to Blue Eyes who was not much older then he was. The two young males scattered off to the breakfast spot while you walked to your husband. He was sitting up on his knees and shaking his head.

'Has too much energy going to waste.' Koba signs.

"That's not how he feels." You reply helping him stand and brush twigs and dirt off him whole he harrumphs.

You shook your head and took his hand, kissing his cheek as the two of you walked to the breakfast circle and sat down. Shadow was at your side instantly, lensing on your lap while signing to Blue Eyes about beating his father this morning. To say Koba was embarrassed was an understatement. He flicked a piece of fruit at his son and he stopped talking about it, causing the elders to chuckle at him.

'Like his father, boasting about his victories.' Cornelia signs.

"Yes. He will be just like him when he grows older." You say smiling.

'Have you told him yet?' She asks.

"Not yet, I plan to tonight." You wink.

Cornelia smiled and nodded, going back to her breakfast. The rest of the day was uneventful; Koba would teach the young males to train and his son would always be at the top of the class because of the extra training in the mornings. You sat on the railing if your hut, a fur in your hand and sewing it for a new blanket while watching the two. Koba was walking with him, teaching his son how the colony contributes to each other. Shadow was like a sponge soaking up all the information and it made you proud.

"I hope your a girl." You say to your stomach as you rub the little lump.

That night as you and your family readied for bed, you told Shadow not to go to sleep yet and stay up to wait for father. When Koba walked in and saw his son still awake, he was annoyed at first because it was so late but you stopped him from scolding shadow.

"Koba, I have something to tell you both." You say holding your son. Koba sat beside you, concern suddenly written on his face.

"I know how hard you two have been working and I couldn't be more proud of you. Shadow, you are growing into a strong young male. And Koba you really got this parenting thing down, even though you had no idea at first." You smirk. Causing him to chuckle and nod.

"I just want you to know... there is going to be a new addition to the family." You say looking down at your tummy.

'What mean mother?' Shadow signs.

"I'm going to have a baby."

'Baby!?' Shadow perks, looking at your tummy and poking it gently, putting his ear to it to hear anything.

Koba was stunned into silence, staring at you as you chuckle at their boy. Then he crawled over and hugged you from behind, kissing your cheeks and neck in quick pecks while Shadow grimaced in disgust.

"I hope it is a girl." He says aloud.

"Me too."

'No! A boy!' Shadow signs rapidly, causing you and Koba to chuckle and hold him while he and his father out their hands on your stomach.

Whatever will come, they will be love nonetheless, especially with the two brave warriors to look after them and you couldn't feel more alive.