Koba

Koba x OC (requested)

It was cool and crisp morning. The dew clung to the green of the forest as a blur sped through the trees, breathing all that was heard around the valley. A lone hooded figure ran through the forest in great speed, as if running from something, or someone.

Suddenly the ground kicked up with the halting of the creature, pausing in the middle of a small dirt path. The figure panted as they looked around, catching their breath. Then suddenly they heard a twig snapped and froze. They raised their head in the air and sniffed, suddenly becoming stiff and wary.

Suddenly, they were bombarded with howling apes, joint from the trees and landing around the figure, spears pointed at them and circling them. Another landed in front of the figure, his scarred face glaring angrily at the intruder as the leader of the apes walked up.

"Remove your hood." He spoke, surprising the figure.

Said figure cocked their head and stepped away. Then they surprised the apes by whipping around and launching over them in surprising speed, then running down the hill and over the boulders and hills.

"Koba!"

Koba instantly leapt into action, rushing after them through the trees, watching the figure speed through the valley floor with incredible speed. But luckily for Koba, the figure ran right into a dead end. It was looking around when he leapt down, landing feet from them. The figure whipped around and took a stance, surprising Koba. Still he growled, circling the figure as the figure began to do the same.

Then Koba attacked, throwing the spear at the figure. The figure ducked, grabbing the spear and bringing it across Koba's stomach, sending him to the ground. The figure followed, aiming the spear at Koba's chest. But Koba was quick, using his feet to pull the hood of the figure back, yanking them to the ground. But as the figure fell, Koba jumped up and saw a strange sight that made him pause.

"Human?"... but not a human.

It was a female, with light fur the color of human skin and bright fire red hair that hung in loose tangled around a set of perky fluffy ears and dangerous claws on her fingers. Attached to her was a tail, long and bushy like a dog's and when she looked up, he was taken aback by her fierce golden yellow eyes and sharp canine teeth sneering at him.

He was in so much shock that he failed to notice the female creature get up and growl at him, lifting her foot and suddenly kicking him in the face, sending him once again to the ground. He landed hard with a grunt and shook his head while the creature, now grabbing hold of his spear and snapping it over her knee with a growl before throwing the pieces at him, glared at him, her eyes all but glowing with fury.

"I am no filthy human. Remember that, ape." She hissed and then grabbed her hood, jumping up over the large boulder and disappearing, leaving a surprised Koba behind.

Koba returned home with complications in his mind. She spoke like a hhuman stood upright like a human, but she despised them almost as much as he did. He had never seen anything like her before. Could it be that humans had something to do with it? He had to find out.

That next couple days, Koba set out to find the new female creature, eventually finding her by the river bank, staring sadly at her reflection and touching her furry face. He knew he had to approach slowly this time, so he landed farther away and walked to her instead. She heard him approach and stood, her once sad lost look replaced with caution, then fury as he appeared. She took a stance to fight but Koba held his hands up in sudden surrender, surprising the female.

"Won't hurt you." He says, his voice raspy but lack of use.

She relaxed only a little, wary but still. He slowly approached and sat down beside her a ways, looking at her.

"Humans. Do that?" He asks, pointing to her.

She reluctantly nodded, sitting back down. For a moment they were silent before she spoke.

"Humans do that to you?" She asks.

Koba nods without looking her way. She hums and turns back to the river, strangely in comfortable silence between her and the ape. Both found comfort somehow, being around each other and sitting in the silence.

"Koba..." he says quietly, patting his chest with his knuckles.

"...Ayia" she replies quietly without looking at him. Koba nods and turns again to the river, growing silent once more.

Both knew that they were no longer a threat against each other; both of them had felt a pain no other creature has felt, a betrayal of loved ones and the harsh unkindness of human kind. That's when Koba decided. He would stick by this female, however long it takes to make her see him as a friend. Little did he know that she had been thinking the same.