𝐰. 𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐣𝐢𝐦𝐚 " hickey? "

𝗕𝗔𝗗 𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗔𝗦 - 𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩
— " and i'm a little awkward, sure "

After going to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat, you went to the table of shiratorizawa volleyball players. You are the manager of their team.

'Hey guys!'

'Good afternoon (y/n) senpai.' Shirabu greets you.

You peeped at Ushijima who was struggling to open his pudding cup.
'Wakatoshi-kun, do you need help?' You giggled at the slightly embarrassed captain.

'No thank you.' He refused.

You noticed a purple bruise on the side of his neck.
Oh my gosh, that can't be what i think it is.
'Is that a hickey on your neck?' You point at Ushijima. Everyone at the table stopped what they were doing and looks at the two of you, the whole table bursted into laughter.
'What the heck (y/n)-chan.' Tendou wheezed.
Ushijima frowns and tilts his head in confusion, 'What's a hickey?'
That just made everyone laugh harder.
'Uh well, its like when someone bruises you.' You tried giving a PG explaination to the innocent mind of Ushijima.
'Oh okay.' He nods and continues fiddling with his pudding cup. 'Kawanishi accidentally hit me with a ball.' He answers your question.

'Your explaination for 'what is a hickey' isn't a very suitable one.' Semi whispers.

'Oh well, it can't be that bad.'

Right?

....

After finishing lunch, you and the team headed for the gym to practice some spiking and receiving.

'Goshiki how could you forget your knee pads!' You heard coach Washijo scolding the young boy, 'You're disrupting our practice.'

'Ah coach i'll go fetch it for him.'

'Thank you senpai!'

You ran to the club room and found Goshiki's bag lying in the corner, but your sneaky little eyes also caught a glimps of a box of cupcakes in the top of the trophy shelf. Your stomach growled and your new mission was to get those cupcakes and eat them. You got a stool that wasn't in use anymore and stood on it to reach the box. You heard the door creak open.

'What are you doing (y/n)-san.' Ushijima spoke as he stares at you, 'The coach told me to come check on you.'

*crack*

You closed your eyes shut and let out a little yelp as you felt yourself falling towards the ground. You opened your eyes once again, only to find yourself in the arm of the frowning captain.

'Hehe i wanted a cupcake.'

'Those aren't for you.' He grumbles.

'So are you going to put me down now?' You look at his face, then his arms which were wrapped around your body. Ushijima realised and quickly releases you, he turns away to hide his blushing face. 'Let's go, you need to give Goshiki his knee pads.'

'Yes captain.'

'And next time don't do something so reckless, you know that stool had not been used for a reason.' He continues to rant.

'Yes dad— uh i mean Ushijima-san.'

All eyes turned onto you and Ushijima once you arrived at the gym again, it was only Ushijima himself that didn't seem to notice. You handed the knee pads to Goshiki.

'What?' You finally said as they all won't stop looking.

Semi and Tendou both smirked, 'You guys were really taking your time huh?'

'Shush Tendou you've got to let the two lovebirds take their time to 'you know'.' Semi winks and nudges your shoulder.

'Oh shut up.' You said as you pinched the both of them, 'Get back to work!'

Ushijima finally decided to join your conversation. 'Its not my fault that she was taking our precious training time.'

'Oh so you're blaming it on me now? And you didn't even give me a cupcake!'

'C-cupcake?' Tendou mutters.

'Stop being such a baby.' Ushijima says, 'If you continue to act like this i might just—' he paused to think for a moment, 'I might just give you a hickey!'

Everybody turned around, except for coach Washijo who didn't seem to hear what his precious star player just said.

'Uh, Wakatoshi-kun do you know what a hickey is?' Reon approaches him.

'Ofcourse i do, you all explained to me; its a bruise that someone gives you.'

Reon sighed and darted his eyes at you.

'I told you that you should've explained it better.' Semi says to you.

....

After a proper explaination from Reon, Ushijima came and apologised to you.

'I'm sorry about... what i said before.' He blushed.

'Its okay,' you sighed and continued organising the equipment room, 'its my fault for not explaining properly.'

'Its alright.' He says and helps you clean up.

You took the mop that he was holding, 'You don't have to help, go get some rest. Coach Washijo would be angry if he found out that i made his star player clean up.'

He yanks the mop back, 'Let me help!' Ushijima frowns. As you took a step forward to grab the mop back and move Ushijima out of the way, you tripped over a volleyball. Ushijima immediately realised and reached his hand out for you. And with gravity doing its usual work, you both fell onto the floor, with you underneath Ushijima and him trying not to fall on top of you. He lets out a little grunt as you both landed on the floor.

'Why must you be so stubborn.' He mumbles. Ushijima immediately blushes as he realises how close his face was to yours.

'I'm so sorry Ushijima-san.'

Ushijima's eyebrows raised a little. He looks at your body up and down then back at your face again. Without realising, he bites the corner of his lips.

'Maybe i should give you a hickey now.'

——————
a little note that i did not proof read this bc i was feeling lazy

omfg i promised to continue this book like 2 weeks ago but i forgot abt this jsndnd i'm SO SORRY for those of you who were waiting!

now that i've started writing i remembered how crappy i was at writing oneshots and that was why i discontinued this book lmao

thanks for reading!

— author chan 🏐