𝐤. 𝐛𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 " a day at the lake "

𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡 - 𝙜𝙖𝙗𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙘
— " or that i can hardly move. at the very thought of you "

It was a nice and warm sunny day where your boyfriend Bokuto had decided to ask you out on a date at the lake.

'The whether is nice today.' He grins, 'Let's go fishing!'

You quietly giggled and shook your head at the overexcited male. He grasped a hold of your free hand since the other was carrying a picnic basket. 'Come on baby, let's go rent a boat!' He exclaims.

'But Kou-'

'Should we get that one? Oh oh! What about the swan boat.' He crosses his arm and tilts his head like a child trying to decide which ice cream to buy.

'Kou-chan.' You called his name again.

'Wait, we can't fish in a swan boat.'

You rolled your eyes and took in a deep breath, 'Bokuto Koutarou!'

'Hm?' Bokuto turns to face you as he realised that you've been calling him, 'What is it babe?'

'Kou, we didn't bring fishing rods with us.' You walked over to him and grabbed a hold of his hand, 'Now let's go eat, then we can rent a boat!'

'Oh okay!'

.....

After stuffing his face with your delicious home made lunch and nearly a whole blackberry pie (ofcourse he fed some to you, being the perfect boyfriend he is), you and Bokuto made your way to the boat renting place to rent a boat and go take cute pictures out in the river. You waited patiently by the jetty for your boyfriend.

'(Y/n)-chan,' Bokuto came running, then stopped infront of you. He pulled a disappointed face and pouts like a kid, 'They ran out of cute swan boats so i had to rent the normal ones. Sorry i disappointed you.'

You giggled at the poor boy who was going through a small emo phase, 'Aw baby.' You stood on your tippy toes and cupped his cheeks with both your hands, 'That's okay, i'm not disappointed. You being here with me is more than enough. Stop sulking!' You pinched the tip of Bokuto's nose which made him flinch a bit, 'Now hurry up and get on the boat before i tell Keiji-kun.'

'Why do you have to be so mean, baby.' He cries childishly while helping you onto the boat.

'Because you're acting like a child.' You pout.

You took his hand and stepped onto the rocking boat, then sat down. Bokuto following you after the boat had steadied. You observe him holding both oars in his hands, fiddling with the little splinters on the end of the oar.

'Kou,' you blinked, 'do you know how to row a boat?'

He chuckles nervously, 'Ahah- y-you see! The thing... i-i don't know how to.'

'Oh my gosh, you're hopeless!' You sighed, 'Here, give me the oars, i'll teach you.'

You held out your hands, hinting for him to give you the wooden oars.

.....

After giving Bokuto a demonstration and repeating the instruction to him, you gave the oars back to him. 'Your go!' You grinned.

'Okay so i just put this in the water and row it like this...' the boat pushed away from the jetty. Bokuto's yellow eyes gleamed with happiness, 'Baby did you see that!? I did it!'

You leaned over and gave him a soft kiss on his cheeks, 'I'm so proud of you Kou.' You smiled, 'I love you.'

After hearing a little compliment from his beloved w̶i̶f̶e̶ girlfriend, his face immediately heats up. He caresses your cheeks and leans in the kiss your forehead. His hands felt cold on your cheeks, yet his lips were so warm. The boat started to rock underneath you, which caused Bokuto to have to pull away from you.

'I think the boat is gonna tip.' Bokuto freezes.

You grinned at the nervous male as the boat swayed more violently (something in me wanted to write 'violentlier' instead 🤡) . A very stupid, yet brilliant idea entered your mind.

'Stay still (y/n), or we'll both end up in the water.' Bokuto says.

'Do you think the water's cold today?'

'Huh?'

The last thing Bokuto saw was you grinning slyly at him and the flowing flower skirt that you were wearing. Then he felt the wetness of the water hitting him like a rock. He lets out a yelp and you happily squealed as you both hit the water that actually turned out to be quite warm.

You imerged out of the water, Bokuto following right behind you. You both laughed. Bokuto shook his soaking black and white hair, the water droplets hitting your face. You squirted a bit of water at him as an act of revenge.

'Ah that was fun.' You laughed whilst trying to keep your head above the water, 'I'm a mess now though'

'Nah.' Bokuto swam closer to you. He brushed the damp strands of hair sticking to your forehead behind your ears.

'Baby, you still look as beautiful as ever.'

a/n

the scenario was requested by Neshi2724

bokuto's character was requested by
@star_do_write_rawr
@wildflxwerrs
@haileythebookacorn

thank you for reading <3

author chan