𝐚. 𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐞 " in the rain with you "

𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗠𝗬 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗚𝗨𝗘 - 𝙛𝙞𝙩𝙯 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙢𝙨
— " yeah, you were more than just a dream "

lowercase intended

the rain poured heavily as you waited under the shelter infront of the gym. you studied each droplet carefully as they dripped from the roof and slid down the side of the wall, having a race with one another. you stepped out into the open. each droplet started to greet you one by one, until every part of your school uniform was soaked with the warm summer rain.

unknown to you on the other side of the gym, a bearded highschool boy was practicing his serves and spikes. he grabbed his towel after finishing up and walked towards the exit of the gym. he saw you standing in the middle of the school court yard and admired how you smiled and twirled around in the middle of the pouring rain. your eyes widen in realisation of a male looking at you, you gazed deep into his brown eyes. he stared back, but this time, smiling.

'you might catch a cold.' he called out, 'the volleyball club has spare towels inside the club room.'

you ignored his comment and yelled back, fighting the sound of rain heavily slapping on the pavement, 'what's your name!?'

'huh?'

'i asked what your name is!'

he chuckled lightly and scratched his chin, 'azumane asahi, you can just call me asahi though.'

you smiled and finally agreed with asahi to come under the roof. 'i remember you from second year, azumane asahi.'

'just 'asahi' is fine, (y/n).' he says, 'i'll get you a towel from our club room.'

the walk from the gym to the club room resulted in not only you, but asahi both getting soaked in the rain.

'you know asahi-kun,' you spoke, breaking the silence as he searches through the drawers for two towels, 'you're not as scary as everyone said you'd be.'

he looks up at you and tilts his head in confusion, 'people think i'm scary?'

you couldn't contain your laughter and ended up letting it out. asahi was still confused at your statement. he places a dry towel on your shoulder, 'dry off with this.'

'thank you!' you grinned and accepted his towel.

'what were you even doing in the rain in the first place anyways?' he asks as he dried his damp hair.

'i don't really know.' you said and looked outside the window which was still dripping with rain, 'it's nice i guess, the rain also felt warm today.'

'okay?'

'i liked being in the rain with you azumane asahi.'

asahi was confused for a moment, then something inside him urged him to speak up.

'you're weird (l/n) (y/n), but i like it. your trait makes you unique.'

'that's not the first time i've heard someone tell me that.' you giggled, 'they call me the 'rain girl' in my class, it's weird i guess, but i like it.'

'(y/n),' you liked the way he called out your name, it was probably his gental voice plus the sound of rain sprinkling on the metal roof that made you feel safe, 'i'd like to walk you home if that's okay with you.'

'i don't live far away, sure.' you raised an eyebrow in slight confusion, 'why did you feel like walking this rain girl home?'

asahi looked at you then out the window. you looked at him and followed his gaze.

'because i like being in the rain with you too.'

a/n

asahi's character was requested by:
@_sabiatarada
@Star_do_write
@haileythebookacorn

fbsbxhdjsn this chapter made me feel so loved for some reason-

this is also based on a true experience (just some parts, not all) when my guy friend caught me playing in the rain lmao. my small shoujo manga/anime moments ùwú

thank you for reading!

sienna :>