𝐲. 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐛𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐦𝐚 " the melody of your name "

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗙𝗨𝗟 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 - 𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙟𝙤𝙧
— "will it be a pavement or a sidewalk. when i finally lay my eyes on you? "

do you know the struggles of having to find a shibayama fanart? (like the ones without him shipped with someone else) and then end up with not being able to find one at all 😭💆🏻‍♀️

lowercase intended

it wasn't exactly new for shibayama to get lost in his school again, he wasn't such a bright one when it came down to directions after all. inuoka had asked shibayama to do him a favour at the art room today.

as he turned at the right corner, a soft breeze hit him. shibayama looked to his side and realised that the window was wide open, so he closed it. the faint noise of a musical instrument followed after the sound of the window shutting. he glanced up and decided to follow the noise. the sound of the instrument grew louder and clearer, more beautiful and graceful as he took another step forward. he finally stopped infront of the music room. shibayama opened the door only to see a girl in her nekoma uniform sitting behind a piano, performing a song to the empty music room.

'what song was that?' he asked as you perfectly hit the last note.

'i don't know,' you smiled, 'i made it up.'

he slightly tilts his head, 'that's- interesting? can you play another song? i really like it.' he took steps closer to you and the piano until he was able to touch the keys. he gently pressed on one which allowed it to make a high pitched noise.

'would you like to play?'

'ah- i don't know how to.' he blushed with embarassment. something came to his mind. 'oh! i better get going now, my friend's waiting.'

'see you later.' you waved goodbye as he left the room.

the door of the music room cracked open, but that wasn't enough for you to stop playing the beloved intrument infront of you. even without taking your eyes off the keys, you could feel shibayama's presence in the room.

'hello again.' you spoke as you hit the last note, perfectly once again, 'what brings you here today. i'm assuming you're not lost again this time?' you giggled at the flustered boy.

'uh no i'm not lost again, i-' his voice trailed off, '-i wanted to know your name. my name's shibayama yuuki.'

'do you like to play games, shibayama-kun?' you said as you hit another note on the piano.

'yeah? what games do you want to play?'

'why don't i play a song related to my name and you can guess what it is, you get unlimited tries.' you offered.

'that seems fun.'

after playing a song, you glanced over at a confused shibayama. you let out a soft laugh at his clueless state which you found quite adorable.

'what does the song sound like to you.'

'it sounds like- a warm summer day.' he hummed, 'but i still have no idea what your name might be.'

'that's okay.' you said as you continued to play another song, 'remember, you get unlimited tries.'

without a doubt, shibayama came back again the next day.

'i'll get it this time, i'm sure.'

you smiled to yourself and started playing a song.

shibayama noticed that it was different to the one that you played yesterday, but he didn't let that distract him.

'what does the song i'm playing sound like today?'

'i'm not sure if this was the answer you were looking for or not,' he spoke as you hit the last key, 'but i know it's the right answer for me. plus, you said i get unlimited tries right? so i'll just come back again tomorrow, the day after, and the day after that.'

a blush crept up to your face as the words escaped from between his lips. it wasn't the answer that you had expected, but it was enough to make you smile.

'the song today sounds like the rhythm of my heartbeat.'

a/n

shibayama's character:
@rikafukii

scenario: written by me

i swear i put in so much effort in naming each chapter like its a name for a whole ass book fbdbshd-

i'm v sorry if this was badly written, i honestly didn't know what scenario to write for this character