XXI

╔══════════════╗

╚═════☩══♛══☩═════╝ıllıllııllıllı

╚═════☩════☩═════╝
ıllıllııllıllı

You guffawed in laughter thinking it was a joke but when you met Jin's serious gaze, you stopped. "You're serious?"

"That's weird," said Jin, pondering in deep in thought. "You couldn't possibly be her reincarnation. He killed every single one blood relation of hers and that woman died of old age."

Taehyung groans, turning to the side. He was asleep.  Both you and Jin exchanged eye contact.

"Why don't we put him to bed to rest and continue this conversation in the living room?" he suggested and you nodded. He picked up Taehyung from your hands and the both of you made your way back into the mansion.

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

Jin serves you a cup of chamomile tea then sits on the couch next to you. You took a tiny sip as it was still hot then you put it on the desk in front of you.

"So what exactly are you?" you asked, suspiciously.

"I am somewhat of a wizard, witch or whatever you call it. I'm a descendant of the line of a witch family. Taehyung found me and took my great grandparents in when they were hunted down by the villagers back then for having ties to the demonic world whatever," he explained.

"Why did you put a spell on him?"

"He asked me to," he answered, sipping his Earl grey tea. "He always had night terrors when I started to serve him. He would sweat intensely, yelling in his sleep as if he was being tortured."

Your eyes widened. "What exactly happened to him?"

"The woman who had his family exposed to the villagers was somewhat a village physician. She had seduced his uncle when finding out the villagers had found him mysterious. He fell in love and then when he revealed his true form, she cooperate for a while by acting along with him as she secretly worked on a formula that could kill a gumiho. Later, she exposed him and the rest of his friends and families to the village and she managed to use the formula she created to have them publicly executed," he explained with his eyes narrowed, sympathetically.

"What a bitch—" you slammed your hand over your mouth. "Sorry, continue."

"Taehyung was the only one she decided to keep since he was the youngest alive at 100 years old when he could just start turning into his human form. She hid him in her house and experimented him like a lab rat. Knowing he's immortal, she plucked his eyes out, cut him open and studied him and more as he screamed in pain since he was wide awake without being under anaesthesia. Even after dying, she passed him on to her children who continued to uphold the tradition of experimenting on him." He puts his hand over his own shivering hand. "I remembered seeing everything he had gone through when going through his memories when locking them up. Cruel... heartless... she was the devil herself in the skin of a human being. Not only her but the rest of her generations who continued to tradition were just as the same."

You couldn't help but tremble a bit when you held up your teacup to your lips. To hear that you looked like the exact replica of a woman like that, your heart clutched in guilt and pain. You looked up to Jin. "What do you think I should do?"

"Before that, I want to ask you, what did your father do?" he asked, leaning forward.

"My father was a cop like me who died on a case," you explained.

"What was your father's name?"

"Lee Wonbin," you answered.

He stood up and gestured you to follow him. You tagged along behind him, finding the both of you in the backyard outside and into the shed. He opens up one of the cabinets and took out a journal. He hands it to you.

"What's this?" you asked, confused.

Open it and see if your father's name is in it. Although finding it strange, you obeyed and flipped through the journal pages. It was some sort of checklist where there were names of different people with ticks next to their names. When you reached the final page, you find your father's name.

Lee Wonbin

You narrowed your eyes, confused and enraged at the same time. You looked up at Jin. "Why is my father's name in this book?"

"So, it's true." He nodded, now understanding. "You're probably the last bloodline for your ancestry but you changed your last name to your mother's so that's why he didn't catch you."

"What... so if I kept my father's last name..."

"Your name would be there and you would be dead by now," he finished your sentence for you, bluntly.

"So what you're saying is Taehyung was the one who killed my father?"

"No, he actually didn't kill your father. He died being on the case so he didn't need to lay a single hand on that one and just ticked him off," he explained, honestly.

You sighed in relief. "Thank goodness I wasn't going to have to bear some Kdrama grudge on him for killing my dad."

"Why does it sound like you're completely fine and relieved that the rest of your relatives are dead?" retorted Jin, strangely.

"I mean, it's not like I wanted them to die but I never even knew any of my relatives and they were all quite snobbish anyway whenever I sometimes heard my dad on a phone call with them," you explained, shrugging then you looked at him. "So, what is the plan in terms of Taehyung right now? Are you going to redo the spell on him again?"

"I can't redo a spell." He clutched the grip of his teacup tightly. "He'll start to have night terrors again."

"Is there anything we can do?"

He looks at you and sighs. "It doesn't help at all with the fact that you're that demonic woman's clone in appearance." He starts to ponder in deep thought. "Get him to quit the police station job and move out of this mansion."