//𝖔.4//

chapter four;

chapter four;

ANOTHER QUIET DINNER WENT BY WITHOUT dabi burning down the dining hall, much to kurogiri's pleasure.

     it was quite normal now for youko to dine with shigaraki for dinner. though that was about it.

there was nothing more to their silent relationship than dining together and barely talking because one was perhaps a bit afraid and the other was just socially awkward.

"do you know how to play chess?", shigaraki suddenly asked, making youko look up.

     "m-me?"

     "obviously! does it look like I'm talking to anyone else?", shigaraki scowled.

     "o-oh...umm...no", youko replied.

     "come by my room later", shigaraki demanded, to which youko had just squeaked out an "okay".

_♚_

youko gripped tightly onto kurogiri's hand as the two arrived in front a set of doors that led to shigaraki's room.

kurogiri knocked as youko's ears perked up at the faint "come in".

the two entered as youko had to squint in order to see her surroundings. it was abnormally dark and there were many pieces of furniture she need to avoid bumping into.

     the only light that was visible was from a black candle that was lit by a flimsy orange flame.

     "tomura, it'd be best if you lit up your room so her highness could see", kurogiri said, though it was more of a strong suggestion.

a click of a tongue was heard as kurogiri took the initiative to light the entire room up, giving youko a better view of shigaraki's room.

     not entirely meaning to be rude, but youko internally cringed at the sight of midnight snacks littered across shigaraki's table, along with piles and piles of paperwork.

the strong smell of sake withered away as kurogiri slightly opened up a window so that the candles didn't blow out.

besides the mess, shigaraki's king size bed actually looked very comfortable and appealing. the fuzzy dark blankets, the expensive pillows, and the brown teddy bear that was plopped on top of—

     'wait! teddy bear?!'

     shigaraki, catching the little girl's surprised gaze, motioned her to come over to his bed, where the teddy bear—that was the size of chicken—sat.