//3.3//

chapter thirty-three;

"AND THEN THE PRINCE HOVERED OVER sleeping beauty, giving her a true love's kiss as the princess's eyes fluttered open", youko read out loud.

dr. ujiko just watched from the sidelines as youko had a little stool that she sat on, right in front of the tube that shigaraki was in.

even johnny listened, sitting beside youko as she had learned all these difficult words with dabi during the night.

"and then, they lived happily ever after!", youko smiled, slamming the book closed as she smiled, glancing up at her father's floating body.

     sometimes, youko liked spending the majority of her day just rereading the fairytale book and humming to herself.

     most days, she would just complain about how boring it was without her father. meanwhile everyone was preparing for the war, youko was automatically ignored at times, due to how busy everyone was.

     the little princess stood up as she placed the brown book on her wooden stool, carefully treading through to make sure she didn't step on any wires or tubing.

     youko placed her tiny hands on the glass, looking into the bubbling liquid as her father remained unconscious.

     "are you lonely in there papa?", youko whispered, to which not even dr. ujiko could hear.

     "I'm lonely without you", the little girl admitted, frowning at her own words.

     "everyone says that after the war we'll spend more time together. I can't wait...because I really miss us all having fun together", youko muttered, trying her best not to cry.

sometimes at night, even when youko's sleeping in dabi's warm embrace, she'd wake up in the morning to find the bed empty.

at breakfast, lunch, and mostly dinners, she would eat by herself as others had to train.

though toga would occasionally bring youko out for snacks, the girl had to prepare for the war too, so time was limited.

     "they said that once the war ends..we can go have a picnic...watch the stars...and read fairytales together. uncle dabi says he's tired of them though", youko pitifully chuckled.

     "and when it's all over, we can play chess until the next morning and take naps until the afternoon. then kuro...", youko choked on kurogiri's name, having to have missed him dearly too.