//3.1//

chapter thirty-one;

chapter thirty-one;

"IS THIS THE NEW BOOK?!", YOUKO EXCITEDLY ASKED, jumping up and down as shigaraki just nodded.

     "when will we read it together papa?", youko asked, hugging the book so tightly that the edges would've caved in if it wasn't a hardback.

     "once I inherit master's quirk", shigaraki answered.

"w-what?"

"youko, now that you've inherited another quirk, it's time for me to inherit one too", shigaraki explained, pulling the girl onto his lap.

"but how long will papa take?"

"four months", shigaraki answered.

     "four?! why four?! that's too long!! that's like a hundred million hours!!", youko exaggerated.

     shigaraki didn't know when he had became so soft, but he just didn't have the heart to tell youko that he needed to undergo some gruesome and agonizing surgery before entering the same process as youko did.

     "I'm older. my body needs to stay in there longer", shigaraki lied.

"then can I come visit you?", youko asked, opening up the book as she marveled at the pictures that were painted.

     "after a while. you can come visit once you can learn how to read this entire book", shigaraki replied, to which he had purposely bought a harder fairytales book—with pictures since he didn't exactly want to bore the girl—so that it would take her a while.

     "alright", youko dejectedly promised.

     "four months isn't that long. I'll see you right after", shigaraki promised.

     "okay....guess I'll have to stick with uncle dabi for now", youko sighed, making shigaraki let out a chuckle.

     youko smiled at that. don't get the girl wrong, she loved dabi as much as she loved the rest of her family, it was just that whenever she insulted him, shigaraki seemed pleased, which youko appreciated.

     plus, it was a dabi and youko thing to mock each other.

     "I have to go now. I will see you soon though", shigaraki said as he placed youko on their shared bed, meanwhile he kneeled in front of her.

     youko pouted at how soon her father had to leave. after all, she just came back not too long herself.

     "okay papa. I'll see you soon then. I'll learn the whole book before you even know it!", youko widely smiled, pumping her arm into the air with determination.