//2.9//

chapter twenty-nine;

    "ABSOLUTELY NOT!", SHIGARAKI GROWLED, glaring at dr. ujiko as if he was threatening him. youko glanced up at her aggravated father while the rest of the league stayed silent.

"your majesty, it is in your best interest to let her highness attempt the quirk transferring", dr. ujiko repeated, making shigaraki even more pissed.

"I heard what you said the first time, and I'm not letting it fucking happen!"

     "papa, it's okay", youko chimed in, tugging on the male's red coat.

     "see, your highness understands the—"

     "shut up!", shigaraki snarled at dr. ujiko, then glaring at youko, who just smiled.

     kneeling down, shigaraki's gaze softened. "youko, you don't need another quirk. you're already my perfect little queen", the male assured, patting youko's head with his black gloves on.

     "I agree, your highness. it is extremely dangerous for someone as young as you to soak in another quirk when your body has just only adjusted to the first one", compress deduced.

"yeah yeah!! yoko's already powerful enough", toga smiled, twirling her knife around.

"but his imperial majesty—"

     with a glare of dabi, the mad scientist immediately shut up. though that had hastily caught the attention of little youko.

     "grandpa wanted this?", youko asked, to which dr. ujiko had just nodded.

     "his imperial majesty said that it'd be in shigaraki tomura's best interest to have his queen gain a protection quirk", dr. ujiko answered.

     "so if I get a quirk like that, I can protect the people around me??", youko excitedly asked, starting to get more drawn to the idea of having this quirk.

     "indeed, your highness!"

     "papa, I want it!! please let me get the quirk", youko pouted, batting her eyelashes at shigaraki.

     "youko, you don't need it. we can all perfectly protect yo—"

     "but I want to protect you guys!! I'm old enough now", youko frowned, tired that she's always the weak one being captured and used as bait.

     "I want to help you papa...I want to help you get back at those heroes", youko mumbled, swaying back and forth on her feet as she looked down at the ground.