//2.0//

chapter twenty;

chapter twenty;

YOUKO WOKE UP TO THE SMELL OF SOMETHING BURNING, and it definitely wasn't the type where kurogiri would wake her up by gently tapping on her shoulder and telling her that breakfast was ready.

     the little girl yawned as she rolled out of the futon that she shared with her lovely father. youko trudged towards the closet as she randomly found a shirt and changed.

     though it seemed more like a dress to the little girl, as for some reason, it was quite big and dragged on the floor a bit.

     with the little girl's vision still slightly blurry, she bunched up as the fabric that was from her "dress", and started stomping towards the kitchen, where the burnt smell was coming from.

     or so she thought where the aroma was starting.

     "huh? I swear I thought something was burning...", the girl mumbled as she rubbed her eyes, only for it to get even more fuzzy.

     for some reason, ever since the girl started using her quirk, her eyes became more unclear after she woke up from the night or her nap.

     though it wasn't anything big, as the girl's vision usually got better after breakfast.

     "HELLO??", youko shouted, her voice a bit raspy like her father's.

     "did they leave me again?", youko pouted.

     recently, the league had been busy recruiting others. and with the loss of kurogiri, it wasn't very efficient traveling places in a stolen vehicle.

     "at least I have johnny...JOHNNY?!", youko called out, to which she heard footsteps pitter pattering towards her.

     "good morning johnny. can you take me to where the burning is coming from please? I'm worried something's on fire", youko nicely commanded, to which johnny had started leading the way.

as youko followed johnny towards the back of baron giran's house, youko struggled sliding the door open that revealed the back garden.

"mmm...uncle dabi?"

the scarred male looked up as he wiped the sweat on his face away. dabi inched closer to the little girl as he towered over her, making youko pinch her nose.

"uncle dabi...you smell. stay away", the little girl said as dabi had just came even closer, sitting on the wooden bench, next to youko.