//2.8//

chapter twenty-eight;

"NOOO, I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE MEDICINE!!!", YOUKO WHINED, aggressively turning her head away as she rejected the pills that compress held out for her.

     "your highness, you'll feel better after taking it. it'll be over in a second", compress tried to persuade, while toga and twice were cheering for the princess on the side.

     but youko was stubborn.

     "no! I don't want to!!!", youko pouted, feeling the warm tears running down her even warmer face.

     it definitely didn't help that youko had a fever and there was no liquid medicine currently, except for the pills.

     "come on yoko!! if you swallow the pills, I'll take you out for ice cream", toga bargained.

     "or we can go for some parfait. just eat the damn pill!", twice contradicted.

"NO! I DON'T WANT ICE CREAM OR PARFAIT!!", youko screamed, hiding under her blanket that she shared with shigaraki.

the doors to the room suddenly opened, with shigaraki at the front and dabi and spinner following behind.

     "has she still not taken the medicine?", shigaraki asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

     "my apologies your majesty, but it seems that her highness is scared the pills will choke her", compress replied.

     "leave the medicine here", shigaraki said, referring to the nightstand.

     compress did as told as he also handed the blue-haired male a thick brown book, per shigaraki's request.

     "you all can leave now", shigaraki commanded, to which some bowed while others just stuffed their hands in their pockets and walked off.

     as the doors closed, shigaraki decided to place some special black gloves on that only covered his pinkies.

     gently shaking the little bump in the blanket, youko hesitantly unpeeled the cover, only showing her beat red face.

"youko, take the medicine", shigaraki demanded, feeling the warmth of the little girl's forehead with the back of his hand.

"but I can't", youko cried, pouting even more.

"yes you can. if you take the pills, we can start reading today", shigaraki negotiated.