29. snow ❄

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

I saw him waving at me from outside the window, cutting the call I quickly grabbed a thin sweater and ran outside. I opened the door and approached him. My face softened seeing his exhausted look. I found him staring back at me with those tired eyes as he let out a small sigh.

"Did you cry Jiwoo?" I was in such a hurry that I forgot to wash my swollen face. I immediately looked down, not being able to reply anything and after a moment of silence, I felt his warm hand on my chin lifting my head up to reach his. Our eyes aligned as I tried not making eye contact with him. "I'm fine Jiwoo. Don't worry and don't cry again." I stared at his dreamy eyes while he smiled a bit.

"Don't vanish like this again." I pulled him into a hug and hid my face in his warm embrace. I felt him hug me back. Butterflies were storming in my stomach as we both hugged each other under the cold night.

I slowly pulled away from my hug not looking up cuz it was too embarrassing. Jay chuckled softly and ruffled my hair seeing me so red and embarrassed. "Don't be so cute, I'll die." He intertwined our hands as I confusingly looked up at him. "Let's walk for a bit."

-

We were randomly walking down the street without talking much. My red cheeks were still there. I don't even know why but it felt so different. Different in a really good way. I looked over to him only to find him walking with a lazy smile. "Jay where did you go?" My curiosity made me ask him. He didn't react much, kept walking. I thought he wouldn't answer and so just shrugged it awkwardly. Then he spoke. "I was at the hospital. Taking care of my sister." I was taken aback, like obviously I didn't expect that so instead of asking anything more I kept quiet and just nodded my head.

"Won't you ask what happened to her?" He looked at me with an amused look. I shook my head casually. "No. Everyone needs privacy." I smiled cutely at him as he did the same. And we continued our small walk.

"Let's go home. It's getting cold and you must be tired." It was pretty late and Jay looked exhausted so I thought about wrapping our small walk as he nodded and so we were walking back home now. "Jiwoo." Jay called out to me as I hmm-ed as a response waiting for him to continue. "Should I give up?"

"Huh?" With a confused look, I tilted my head to his side. "Give up on what?" He stopped walking but didn't look at me. "You know one week is over. And I don't think I was able to prove it to you. I like you a lot Jiwoo but I don't think I'm the best person to have you. And you probably think I'm not that trustworthy so I was thinking if I should just give up on you or not." He chuckled sadly looking down while I blinked a couple times. "Maybe you deserve more than this Jiwoo. I wasn't able to show you how much I like you and you probably don't like me that much now."

I was shocked.

"Hey.." I pulled the tall guy in front of me to face me. "Look at me." I sternly said as his eyes met mine. My hands went up to caress his face. "Listen to me. Jay you're one of the best human beings I've ever met and it isn't ever going to change. You did so much for me, I don't even know how I can ever repay you. You're honestly an adorable bean. You tell me yourself, how can I not like someone like you. I've always liked you. More than a friend. And after that day, I admit I was heartbroken but hey I'm not that robotic to delete all my feelings for you within a night. I still wanted to be with you somehow and that's why I told you to prove it to me. And this week, it has been one of the best weeks of my life. I was so happy the entire time. I do know you like me a lot. You don't have to prove it anymore. So this is it Jay. I like you. I might be pretty straightforward but will you be my boyfriend Park Jay?"

(a/n not me acting like I'm some kind of princess and Jay is my prince charming while writing this-)

I kept caressing his face looking directly at his eyes waiting for a reply. Please don't make this awkward. I kept saying this to myself as my heart started beating faster. Jay just stared at me. Come on answer boy. My soft smile started to vanish seeing him not reply. I hesitated a bit but removed my hands and got a little away from him. "Jay say something." No reply. I disappointedly looked down. "Jay... you just made it a lot more embarrassing than it was supposed to be." With a cold voice I directly said to him and turned around to leave the place when I felt my hand getting pulled.

Jay pulled my hand as I lost control and abruptly faced him coming closer to him. My eyes widened when I found my lips getting attached with Jay's. He kissed me. It was our second kiss. I soon closed my eyes and kissed him back as my hands fell on his shoulder. I felt him smiling through the kiss as our lips moved around in sync. His hands were wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer deepening the kiss. His lips were so soft and I was indeed getting intoxicated by it.

He slowly pulled away from the kiss and looked at my eyes. I without any hesitation looked back at him with my doe eyes. We were breathing heavily. His hands were still on my waist while mine was on his shoulder. "I love you and yes I'll be your boyfriend." He slowly said still breathing heavily. My lips curved into a shy smile after hearing his reply as I hid my face under the crook of his neck and slowly whispered.

"I love you too."

He just chuckled softly and patted my head. "Hey look it's snowing." He said out getting my attention as I looked up to see small snowflakes falling from the sky. I giggled slightly seeing the snowfall. What a perfect timing for it to fall. It added a spark to the entire ambience.

I was enjoying the snow as Jay enjoyed my view. I suddenly felt a small peck on my cheek as my eyes widened and I immediately looked over to Jay. He was laughing at my reaction. Haha how am I gonna survive? "Come on Jayyy atleast warn me before. I might have a heartattack because of you." I slowly said the last sentence hoping he didn't actually hear it. "And I might have a heartattack seeing your cute self."

I pouted looking at him as he squished my cheeks. "Let's go home, it's cold." And we started walking again towards the dorm with my cold hands intertwined with Jay's warm hands. I was finally with him.

| | • • • • • | |

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAI totally didn't cringe while editing this chapter �...

I totally didn't cringe while editing this chapter 🙄
Also two updates a day cuz I wanna end this story quickly TT
And I kinda wanna publish a 'enhypen oneshot book' 😳 but I'm lazy 🤡