35. birthday pt-1

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jay's POV

"You all do remember that Jiwoo's birthday is in less than two days, right?" I asked my so called team as we gathered up after school. Obviously Jiwoo wasn't there, she went to visit her parents. "Why would I forget my sister's birthday?" Jungwon sarcastically said making me roll my eyes while the others nodded. "But what are we gonna do?" Niki asked while I thought for a minute. What are we gonna do actually? Obviously I want to make that day special for Jiwoo but as far as I know she didn't like big parties. "Let's do something small."

-

After planning everything for Jiwoo's birthday party, we were all walking home in complete silence. I was trying to look fine but deep inside I still didn't what would happen if jugyeong loses her father, I saw her that day and she looked miserable. Eithout realizing, I slowed down zoning out untill someone finally realized that I wasn't going along with them.

"Hyung what happened?" Sunoo said out stopping everyone, bringing me back to earth. And that's when I realized how far I was from them. "Oh uh nothing, I kinda zoned out." Running towards their direction, I started walking with them again. Calm down Jay. Just focus on your girlfriend's birthday. Everything's going to be alright.

"Jay." Everyone entered the dorm while I got stopped by Heeseung hyung, I looked back to see a calm hyung. We were slowly moving ourselves as we walked by the neighbourhood. "Hyung, do you need to tell something?" Curiosity got the best of me as to why Heeseung hyung suddenly wanted to talk with me privately.

"I could ask you the same thing Jay." His tone was serious as I realized what he was trying to tell me. Without making any eye contact, I walked along with him without giving any answers. "Listen Jay, I know something is up and I need you to tell me." He stopped as I gave up and looked at him. "Hyung, Jugyeong's father is really sick."

-

"This is messed up." Heeseung hyung sighed in frustration while I looked down in pressure. "What are you going to do now?" I looked upto him and then shook my head with no answer. "I don't know.." His eyes were full of confusion and somehow I knew he felt bad for me. I felt bad for myself. Why me out of everyone? And why did it have to be Jugyeong? "I don't know how to help you Jay, but take the decision which would be best for the situation."

-

Jiwoo's POV

"Hey I miss you." I was in a call with Jay at about 1am, I know we could literally meet up right now but it was too cold and I was too lazy. "Jiwoo we literally met like two hours ago." I heard the boy chuckle from the other side as I pouted. "Come on..." I whined not knowing what to do. And then it hit me, I could ask him what he meant the other day.

"Jay can I ask you what you meant the other day?" With nervousness flowing down my blood, I finally gathered the courage to ask him. "What did i say?" Who knew I would be regretting that decision so soon. "Uhh no nothing." Trying to change the conversion because it was too embarrassing, I brought up my birthday. "So what did you guys plan yesterday?

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I felt him stuttering from the other side as I bit my lips trying not to laugh at him acting so cute. "Hihi fine I'll let the surprise be a surprise." Teasing him was the best thing ever, he would get so flustered in a matter of seconds. "Jiwoo you should sleep, good night." Disappointed. No I didn't want him to end the call so quickly. I started thinking of how to continue talking to him and.. why not tell him to come over, he literally brings me snacks every night so why not tonight as well. "Nooo.. can you come over?"

I waited for him to reply but slowly started to hear light snores from the other side. "Omg did you fall asleep?" I whispered not wanting to wake him up. Gosh why is he so cute? Control Jiwoo. "Good night, I love you.." with that I cut the call as I didn't want to wake him up.

-

It was my birthday today. Having a strange feeling of excitement was something I never had during my birthdays but I could feel it today. Hopefully it's going to be a really good, it had to be, I had a lot of reason to have a great birthday. First I found great friends, second I met Jay. I yawned and sat straight still covered with my blankets. Opening my phone, I felt like I was drowning in happiness. A lot of people from my school wished, have no idea how they found out about it. "Maybe it's gonna be a good day." Trying to look pretty for the day, I dressed up elegantly.

I found no one on my way outside. Jungwon had told me he'll take me out somewhere today but that guy ditched me. "Yo Yang Jungwon weren't you supposed to take me somewhere today man?" I shouted from my line as I heard him stutter from the other side. Not trying to laugh, I continued trying to act like I'm mad at him for not tagging along. "I swear to god Jungwon I won't buy you those snickers you wanted that day, text me the address since you ain't gonna pick me up, babai bro." With that I cut the call and set on my journey to god knows where.

Jungwon's POV

Gosh Jiwoo just scolded the crap out of me, if only Jay hyung had let me tag along with her instead of coming to the venue at like 4am in the morning, I wouldn't have lost those snickers. "Hyung you own me a pair of snickers now." I said out after cutting Jiwoo's call, everyone heard what she said and not gonna lie they found it really funny while I was out here mourning. "Yea sure, anyways she's going to come here any moment, let's get ready." Jay hyung as everyone started going to their places.

"Ok y'all have your gifts ready, right? We are gonna do from youngest to oldest except that I'm gonna go after heeseung cuz uhh you know, save the best for the last." Jay hyung scratched the back of his head awkwardly as we narrowed our eyes sighing. "Jay the stuffs you're making us do for your girlfriend's birthday.." Sunghoon hyung said walking away to his place and so did the rest of us.

-

Back to Jiwoo's POV

The place was unknowingly beautiful and dangerously quiet but not that I cared much, it was peaceful in a way, with a calm mind I made my way inside the venue and the first thing I saw after entering was Niki. "Niki?' I made my towards him smiling and when I was finally in front of him, I found handing a small bucket of goodies. My face lit up cuz food is heaven. "You're an amazing person Jiwoo. Happy birthday." He said with a smile and so did I. "Thank you so much Niki, this is so sweet of you."

"Go on Jiwoo, it ain't over yet."

I went ahead only to find Jungwon in the hallway. He was awkwardly holding a box. "Oh hey dear brother." I said out smiling as he rolled his eyes and gave me a smile anyways. "You know you have to buy me that pair of shoes I wanted, I spent a lot in your gift oldie." He chuckled handing over the box. I opened the gift only to see a pair of bracelets but it was similar. "This looks like-"

"Yes I took inspiration from the bracelets you used to make for us when we were babies." With surprised eyes, I looked at Jungwon who wiggled his eyebrows while smiling. I couldn't believe that he still remembered that. Without waiting anymore I pulled him in a tight hug as he chuckled. "Gosh Jiwoo, we probably hugged more than you and Jay hyung did. I giggled smacking him slightly.

"Ok enough of this, it's gonna be a long journey ahead. Keep moving sis."

| | • • • • • | |

Ningning be powerful 😭Like girl let me breathe-

Like girl let me breathe-