43. rooftop

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Sunghoon's POV

Something was very wrong and I could sense it. Jay's extremely guilty face after coming from the convenience store told me it had to do something with Jiwoo and Jungwon calling me for help proved it. So, let's not just see the drama now. Park Sunghoon let's get to work man. I knew Jay was hiding something and something told me Heeseung hyung knew it. Like he knows everything. Dragging the oldest with me to my room, I locked the door starting my interrogation. "What do you need Sunghoon?" He said completely annoyed since I practically stopped him from eating.

Turning around to face him with my serious look, I finally said out, "Hyung you know something really important and I need you to spill it." For sure, he tried acting up at first but gave up eventually. "It's about Jugyeong..."

-

"Hyung you and Jay seriously hid this from everyone? Wow I'm so pissed right now. How could you both do this? Like Jay's sacrifice wasn't of any use. He's still suffering. Jiwoo's suffering and Jugyeong, she's still the girl crazy over a dude who doesn't even like her that way." I ran my hands through my hair frustratedly spitting out every words. Jugyeong was going through a lot. And she didn't find it important to tell anyone about that. "I'm sorry.." Heeseung hyung let out a small sigh while I felt guilty for lashing out at him. But at first I needed to clean this mess. Atleast try to.

"Let's get everything back to normal."

-

The first thing I did after waking up today was get everything sorted. Ok no I meditated a bit and then got ready. With the intention of talking with Jugyeong today, I nervously sighed. It wasn't something to be nervous but I was afraid I'd lose control and say stuff which would hurt her. And the state she's in right now, hurting her more shouldn't be an option. Unless I'm a jerk. Which I'm not.

Eyeing her movements at school I tried figuring out when to talk to her and finally break time came. "Hey Jugyeong can we talk?" I stopped her from going to the canteen which she confusingly looked back. "Uhh maybe later, Jay needed something-" Again Jay. Feeling a sense of anger within myself I grabbed her wrist tightly but not that it would hurt and pulled her with me to the stairs. "Sunghoon what are you doing?!" She panicked seeing me force her to the roof top.

"It's important Jugyeong." Bringing my deep voice out, I finally looked at her in the eyes. "What is it?" She said in frustration while caressing her wrists. Looking for a reply from me, she waited as I finally spoke up. "Tell Jay to get back with Jiwoo. He won't do anything if you don't tell him. Otherwise he'll feel guilty. Please Jugyeong." With impatient eyes I stared at her while she looked taken aback at my sudden conversation. "What are you trying to say Sunghoon?" Raising her eyebrows, she bit her lips in nervousness. "You never told us about your family problems. Why? You should have..." With a much softer tone, I approached her as she looked away kinda shocked. "Jay found out about it at first and I don't think I need to tell why he broke up with Jiwoo because of you after that.."

I was trying to sound as soft as I can but for sure truth was never less painful. Not getting a reply from her I started becoming restless. Holding her shoulders tightly so that she would finally look at me, I spat out the truth with no emotions. "Please Jugyeong you're not the old Jugyeong anymore. You know they are getting hurt and you sure can do something but still you are choosing not to. Don't be so heartless Jugyeong? I know the kind person that you're hiding right now." I looked directly at her teary eyes which let out a drop of her sadness. She pushed my hands away looking down while I waited for her to say something but nothing came out. "Gosh Jugyeong say something man."

Trying to keep my cool down was hard. This whole thing is hard but my friends are precious and I don't want anything to hurt them. Absolutely nothing. My loud tone seemed to startle causing her to flinch a bit as she sniffled a couple times.

"Sunghoon... I don't want to get hurt anymore. Seeing them together hurts me. I love Jay, Hoon-" Frustrating. Anger. Everything went down my heart as she said those words. Obsession was what I felt hearing her words. It made me feel so angry and I couldn't control anymore. Letting all my emotions out, I finally went around thinking it was time to expose myself.

"Why can't you love someone else?" Slowly saying out while keeping my eyes closed, I tried not snapping at her childish behavior. It was purely uselessly. Hurting others and getting hurt yourself when you can simply move on which would make others happy as well.

"What do you mean?"

"All you freaking see is Jay. He doesn't even like you that way Jugyeong. Can't you freaking see there's someone else who also cares for you like crazy? Can't you see there was someone who actually is worried for you? But no you're only blinded by Jay. Please I care for you as well Jugyeong. A lot. You never noticed me. You still don't." Letting out a scoff, I walked away from her facing the endless sky right now. How can someone be so oblivious? Even if not, how can someone only be obsessed with another person knowing that he doesn't have any romantic feelings for her? All of these were making me lose my mind. But no, calm down Sunghoon. If it helps bringing your friends together then let all your feelings out.

"Sunghoon..."

"Can't you atleast let me prove that I can be better than Jay? I know you won't cuz you probably never looked at me that way. And Jugyeong, in this case Jay never looked at you in that way as well. Please, Jay and Jiwoo don't deserve all these." Feeling helpless at this point, I gave up. I was going to leave the terrace leaving her all by herself but stopped midway and turned back to see her confused self again.

"I like you Jugyeong. But you never noticed."

| | • • • • • | |

AhhhI want a Sunghoon in my life 😿

Ahhh
I want a Sunghoon in my life 😿