18. the truth

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

I wonder how they know Jiah. Stop overthinking Jiwoo. I closed the book I was reading as I took my glasses off. "Finally Saturday came and I can sleep till 4pm." With a satisfying plan for tomorrow I turned off the lights falling to sleep.

-

I kicked the alarm that started ringing telling me to wake up for school. "Gosh why does weekends end so quickly." I rubbed my eyes while having a poker face as I got up and went to the washroom. The last two days were- I literally did nothing. Except hanging out with everyone. It was good. But I wished it lasted longer. It's almost like Saturday came to say hi and took Sunday back with it. And Monday the most horrible day of the week came. Lol no. Everyday was horrible for me except the weekends.

Sigh. I stepped forward entering the school. Surprisingly the boys all went earlier than usual today. Hmm inch resting. "I'll leave now Jiwoo. I've some stuff to do." I pouted as I saw Jugyeong leave the place. Why is everyone being so weird? Anyways again I made my way to the locker. Stares. Whispers. Damn I'm so used to it now, I don't even care anymore.

"Hey Jiwoo." Jieun it was. I sighed before looking at her. "What?" "Woah that was rude. Not even a hi. Lol what could I expect?" She laughed as I looked away. Bitch. My mind told me to leave while my hands wanted to smack her. But guess what. Brain is more powerful. I grabbed my stuffs closing the locker and started walking away but was interrupted. "You know it'd be better if you actually confess. You're just proving that you actually are a bitch by not doing anything."

That's it. I turned away and stomped my feet to where she was and the next moment I saw my hands harshly touching her cheek. I slapped her. Gasps was all I heard. Jieun was taken aback. She held her cheek scoffing in disbelief. I was shocked myself. I stood there frozen. Waiting for getting an even harder slap. "You're so gonna pay for it-" Jieun bought her hand in the air proceeding to slap me while I closed my eyes waiting to lose my teeth. But it didn't. I felt nothing. Slowly opening my eyes I looked up to see Jieun's hand still in the air but it was tightly held by Jungwon.

"Huh, you thought you could slap my sister?" Proud sister mode on. "Well nop Jieun." He harshly threw her hand away making her flinch. "What the fuck Jungwon? You know what she did. Stop supporting that hoe." Jieun shouted in anger. And like always everyone's attention in the drama. "Stop. It's enough Jieun. We know you framed her." Jay entered the scene with the others. Jieun put up a confused look.

But I was confused as well. I never told anyone if Jieun framed me or not. How did he know that? And it clicked me. Jiah.

"Seriously y'all are blind. The picture clearly shows it's Jiwoo hurting someone-" Jieun was interrupted by another presence. "Hi sis." I looked to the direction and what? Jiah? Sis? What the hell? What's going on? I swear to God I'm less confused in my maths exam than I'm right now. Jieun looked shocked. More like. Exposed. "Jiah? What are you doing here?"

"Umm that's none of your business. Anyways stop with this drama." She made her way and was now facing Jieun. "W-what do you mean-?" Jieun was... hesitating?

"You still wanna pretend? Then fine. I guess I've to clean the mess you made." She turned away facing everyone. "You all probably don't know me but I'm from the school Jiwoo used to attend before so for sure I know a lot more than you guys. Jiwoo was framed. She never did such a thing. Like look at her. I should have known something was up when Jieun, my sister, asked me about Jiwoo to me. Anyways, yes she was framed. Jiwoo wasn't hurting anyone in the picture. Instead she was defending herself. She wasn't snatching money but preventing herself from being robbed by her senior." Wow-

"How do we know that you're saying the truth? You might be lying." Jiah sighed before laughing lightly. "You all seriously don't have any brains." She muttered before speaking again. "I was present there. The entire time. Because that same senior tried to harm me. Jiwoo came there trying to save me. But guess what y'all turned her into a villain instead of the protagonist." She scoffed again facing me now.

I was so shocked. My eyes might fall off. Jiah remembers everything. I didn't try explaining myself to anyone about the framing because nobody would believe me. But now that Jiah is saying all these... Hats off to her. I heard the students whispering again. "Uhh Jieun framed her bad." "I feel so bad for her." "Everyone hated her so much. I would have died if I was in her place." They realized it now? "You remembered me Jiah?" I asked her as she gave me a soft smile. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Bitch you're so gonna regret it-" We forgot about Jieun. She was angry. Blood rushed to her face as she came closer to me. Am I gonna die. Is she gonna kill me? How? Shut up I might die with just a slap. I abruptly stiffened seeing her furious body approaching me fastly. "Jieun stop! It's enough." Jay stood between us stopping her. I tightly held his sweater from the back scared. "This isn't over Jiwoo." With this she left the place after glaring at Jiah once.

I saw Jay notice that I was holding his sweater and felt him turning around. "Hey it's okay. Don't be afraid."

-

"Let's stay in touch." Jiah gave me a happy smile as I returned her one as well. We had been talking for a bit in the cafe. She told me how she wanted to be my friend but I always pushed her away. I didn't expect that. I was curious bout how she found all these out but didn't ask her since it might have ruined the mood. "Thank you again."
"Jiwoo stop. You have been saying this the entire time. And also, you should be thanking Jay and not me. He and his friends literally came to our school to investigate." She chuckled while I raised one of my eyebrows. Oh that's how they know each other. But still. Jay did so much? For me?

I looked down with deep thoughts while Jiah just stared at me.

"You like him, right?"

I immediately looked up caught off guard. "Huh? What? N-no." The no came out slower than I expected. I saw a genuine smile on her face as she stood up.

"Jay's a nice guy. Don't neglect your feelings for him and accept it before someone else snatches him away from you." She left the cafe leaving me in confusion. What did she mean? Who will snatch him away from me? Wait what am I saying? Correction. I meant, why would I have feelings for him?

But

Do I actually like him?

| | • • • • • | |

It may or may not be my birthday today 💨💩 but anyways babai