34. make it up

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

I looked down feeling a strange pain in my heart. What happened to him? Why was Jay ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? I sniffled before turning around to go back to my dorm since Jay literally told me in my face to leave him alone. I looked at him once with my red eyes. He was staring at me, kinda shocked that I got this hurt for such a simple thing.

About to move away from him, I grabbed my bag tightly and set forward to leave but he stopped me by back hugging me. I stood frozen in my place while he did the same. There was silence between us. He wrapped his hands around, securing me. It felt warm but he was the one who hurt me. "I'm sorry, don't cry." He said letting go off the hug and made me turn award to look back at him. Wiping my tears like he always did, he pulled me into another hug.

"Did I do something wrong?" I hugged him back and looked for an answer as why he was behaving this way. "No Jiwoo, you didn't do anything. I'm just tired." He patted my hair breathing heavily. He did look pale. I must have pushed him too much. Letting go off the hug I held his hands, "go take some rest," as he nodded.

-

"Are you sure he isn't sick?" Sunghoon asked us as Jake and the two of us made our way to the library. Jay decided to ditch today. He isn't the type to ditch and somehow he's been off since that day. "I hope he isn't." I sighed walking a bit faster than them. The library was quiet with hardly any students. "Did any of you see Jugyeong?" Jake brought up the question as it finally arose in my mind. She hasn't been home for about 3 days now. "Maybe she went to her parents' house?" I said out.

"She's our friend. Why are y'all so chill when Jugyeong hasn't been home for almost 3 days now?" Sunghoon snapped at us all of a sudden. Weird. He violently got up from his chair and went away to get a different book shrugging everything away while I sat there dumbfounded along with Jake. "That was weird and sudden."

-

Jay's POV

I stood outside the hospital room Jugyeong's father had been staying all this while. Fighting with my own thoughts, I wasn't able to decide if I should enter or not. "Oh you're Jay right?" I found Doctor Kim behind me and bowed while nodding. She gestured me to follow her and entered the room and so did I. It was quiet and Jugyeong's dad was sleeping. I tried looking for Jugyeong until I saw her coming out from the washroom.

She was surprised to see me but looked away seeing the doctor beside me. "Why are you here?" She whispered calling out to the both of us while I stood there awkwardly. "Uhh I was just checking out on him. And I found him outside." Her aunt looked at me and so did Jugyeong. I tried giving her a soft smile but no, the thought of Jiwoo crying, I still couldn't get it out of my head. And here I was visiting her cousin instead of making up to her. No I can't do this.

I quickly left the place as I took out my phone dialing Jiwoo's number. "Come on pick it up." I got on the bus and frustratedly kept my phone inside. I wanted to be with Jiwoo right now. No matter what. I didn't want to do anything wrong. I got off the bus and ran in our neighborhood and finally in front of her dorm. Not wanting to waste any time I called out her name from outside and rang the bell continuously.

The door opened revealing a panting Jiwoo with a black face mask on with her iconic bunny headband. Seeing her so confused melted my heart as I pulled her into a tight hug. "Jay are you alr-" She got interrupted by my sudden hug as I felt her flinch.

"Hey let's go on our first date."

-

"Jay you've been acting weird. It's scaring me." The pretty girl in front of me nervously looked away as I caressed her hands, letting out a chuckle. "I know and I'm trying to make up for missing our first date." I kissed her forehead making her giggle a bit as I looked down at the bright city. We were at the rooftop of the building where Jiwoo first confessed to me. One of the most special moments of my life.

And we were simply hanging out at the moment. It was silent but comforting. I tried forgetting all the things that I heard these past few days. Let's focus on my present. And right now Jiwoo is my present. But still, something felt off and it was scaring me a lot. But I decided to shrug it off and just enjoy the moment.

"Jay let's get outta here. Too cold." Jiwoo shivered as I nodded getting down the stairs. The first thing we saw getting down were freshly baked sweet potatoes. What could possibly make the night better if not sweet potatoes.

Jiwoo's POV

I could feel that something was wrong. Jay was acting strange and even though he pretended to be really happy and was trying to make it up to me, I decided to shake it off and just enjoy his company. "Jay is everything alright?" I asked him slowly. I didn't want him to feel perplexed about anything and wanted to help him no matter what. He looked at me with a questioning look as I blew cold air at my potato trying to warm it up.

"You can tell me." With the attempt of making him comfortable I looked at him but he didn't say anything instead looked back at me. "Jiwoo.. I love you. Just keep that in mind."

-

I stared at the white wall as I thought about Jay's words. I know he loves me but why did he tell me to keep it in mind? Like obviously I wouldn't forget that my boyfriend loves me. I would be a disgrace otherwise. But uhh I don't know but I'm sure he's hiding something from me. In the middle of thinking about Jay, suddenly Jugyeong came to my thoughts. "I should probably text her." I got to her message id and started typing.

Me :
Hey... I don't know where you are and everyone is really worried about you. Maybe I'm not the right person to say this, but I hope you're fine right now. Take care.

She didn't see it yet. Not that I expected her to read it but I hope she's actually fine.

| | • • • • • | |

I tried making cake today 😳
Turned into biscuits but okhay-