20. christmas

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

(Christmas came a
little late but who cares)

I woke up hearing the little jingles in the
streets. The weather was cold and snow covered the roofs of the houses. The smell of gingerbread was everywhere. People brought pine trees to decorate every day and children happily roamed around singing their Christmas choir. Yes this is that time of the year everyone waits for. It's Christmas. But guess what I'm still in my bed wearing my ugly Christmas sweater. Had too much fun yesterday night with everyone. Staying up late led me to wake up late on Christmas but I didn't regret it since Christmas Eve was awesome.

The moment I woke up I knew this was going to be a good day. With a smile on my face I yawned a couple times and just admired the weather. Mesmerizing. It is. I heard the door slowly open showing Jugyeong in her pajamas. Seems like she woke up late as well. I flashed her a lazy smile while stretching as she did the same. "I love Christmas so much." She sat on the bed getting under the covers as we cuddled. "Same." We just stood there trying to keep ourselves warm before finally getting up. "Let's go open our presents." Excitement went down my blood as I quickly followed Jugyeong to where all the gifts were kept.

The boys and Jugyeong all exchanged gifts during Christmas. I didn't know that until last week and for real it felt so cozy to hear them give each other gifts. So basically it means everyone would get atleast eight gifts in total. And me here always had only two gifts for Christmas. One from my parents and one from Jungwon. Guess who went broke this time buying gifts for everyone.

I wanted to suggest the secret Santa thingy but guess they didn't want to break their 'tradition' and neither did I want to disappoint them. And we were filled with gifts everywhere. That's one of the reasons we stayed up late. We were wrapping all the gifts since we didn't have time to do it because of exams which ended a day ago.

-

We were about to attack the gifts but the bell rang as Jugyeong went to open. "The boys are here I guess." And like we expected we saw seven boys standing outside. Niki, Jake and Heeseung looked like they had just woken up and were forced to come here since the moment they entered the house Jake laid down on the couch. "It was a pain to wake all of them up." Jungwon grabbed a cookie and pointed to the three person who just woke up. I giggled at the cute sight and then I saw Jay who flashed me a smile and mouthed a 'hi'. A knot was made in my stomach as I shyly gave him a small smile.

"Alright let's open the gifts." Jake got everyone's attention as they rushed to the Christmas tree we had decorated together.
And then the tradition of opening gifts started.

-

"Omg Niki I love these hand gloves." Sunoo excitedly clapped seeing the fluffy gloves that Niki bought for him. It's been a while since we were opening our gifts. So far I got a red cardigan probably from Jugyeong, pairs of fluffy socks which I had been wanting to buy for a long time, a Christmas cup, and more. I was surprised to see a huge fluffy teddy bear from Jungwon. He still knows I can't fall asleep without a soft toy beside me.