42. encounter

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jiwoo's POV

Almost a week and a half went by and nothing changed. I was still the miserable girl struggling to move on in life. Seeing Jay was less painful now because I barely saw him. More like I ignored him. Or did he ignore me? I don't know but what I for sure know is I needed to do something with my mental health. I took care of my physical health unlike those cringey dramas where the female lead stops having proper meals and more shit.

Food was life, I couldn't ignore it. But my mental state, I knew staying all by myself was slowly ruining myself but nothing to do. Spending cold night all by myself, crying my eyes out for people who probably had moved on, I spent my life miserably. Often the question 'do I really deserve these?' came to my mind but no answer.

Keeping my daily mental breakdowns with me, I looked up to my phone scrolling down my feeds until my brain got so immersed that I couldn't even hear the bell ring. It was late. Kinda? Yes 5pm was now late for me since I liked to be alone most of the time, I addressed it as late. Too late for someone to come. Wiping the tears that were caused due to the breakdown, I peeked from the window only to see my brother waiting outside the door. He better bring food or else he's outta the house. Slightly the door, I brought out one of my eyes to see what he bought but he sure knew I was a needy bitch who wouldn't let him enter after snatching the bag from him.

"Oh gosh your eyes be darker than those anime characters." Trying to sound cheerful, he hid his worried heart while I scoffed simply letting him enter. "It's too late to come." Rolling my eyes I went over to him, sitting on the floor instead of the couch and started invading the bag full of snacks he bought. "Your mental state seems like it lost all it's screws." This boy. He roamed around the house checking it out until he finally realized how dirty it was. "I'm staying over tonight sis." Finally. I wouldn't have to spend my night alone crying by myself as if I'm some kind of sad woman who lost everything in her life.

"Sure thing." Agreeing with him I observed his movements as I saw him getting disgusted by the dirt. And obviously I knew what he was thinking. 'She's ewwy.' Not this but 'she is in a bad state'. Sighing deeply he looked up to me who was snacking around ruining mom's carpet even more. "Let's clean up a bit sis."

"No."

"Yes."

"Nah."

"Yup."

"Annoying."

"Your brother after all." He smirked while I rolled my eyes in defeat. I was too tired to even argue at this point.

-

"Don't tell me you don't have cleaning detergent. Please girl." Mentally regretting his decision, Jungwon stabbed me with his eyes while I innocently cleaned the table. I ignored him continuing what I was doing until his stares finally made a hole in me. "Fine I'm gonna go buy them." Giving up was something I always did when my brother was around. Let me rephrase that. Giving up was something I always did in front of everyone. Until someone told me giving up isn't an option but I was trying to forget that someone so giving up is still an option.

Making my way outside the house, I shivered due to the immense cold as it was snowing. Something that I used to love but now I hate due to some unfortunate events in my life. "Oof I hate this so much." Wrapping my arms around myself, I frustratedly let go off the cold breathes which now were turning to fog. Finally making my way inside the convenience store, I grabbed a bottle of liquid detergent and a pack of jelly. About to go to the counter to pay, I saw someone I certainly was hoping to not see.

Jay.

I quickly hid myself slowly seeing his actions every now and then waiting for him to leave the place. I saw him buying medicines? But why? Curiosity got the best of me as I ran up to him stopping him from going faraway from the store. "Hey what the-" He stopped while his eyes widened in shock. Shit. Why did I stop him? Please no. I quickly backed away as I saw doe eyes which seemed to have dark circles around them. "W-why are you buying these s-sleeping pills?" I stuttered pointing towards the medicines. I'd have stopped but those were sleeping pills a.k.a. drugs.
The feeling of coldness rushed to his eyes in a matter of seconds as he replied.

"It's none of your business."

With that he left the place as I felt his words stab my wound deeper. Trying not to break apart in the middle of the streets I ran to reach my house quickly and my feet sure did help as I was panting in front of the house. Entering inside, I threw the stuffs I bought to the couch and closed myself in my room. "Jiwoo-" I leaned against the door clutching my chest tightly hoping the pain would stop but it wasn't. A tear slipped down my eyes as I quickly wiped it away. "Why are you so cruel, Park Jay?"

-

Jay's POV

I saw surprised to see Jiwoo stop me in the middle of the street and I could feel that she was shocked herself as well. "W-why are you buying these s-sleeping pills?" Her voice shivered as she stuttered those words out. She mistook cough drops as sleeping pills. Looking at her eyes, I saw her damn worried thinking I'm prolly bout to do drugs. No mater how much I wished to clear up her confusion, one part still told me she needs to move on. Even though I can't move on, she has to. No matter what. So changing my expression to a colder one, I replied to her with a scary voice.

"It's none of your business."

And I wanted to abolish myself right at that moment.

Jungwon's POV

I was so scared as what happened in Jiwoo's way which led her to lock herself in her room. "Jiwoo are you okay?" Knocking on the door slowly, I waited for her to reply but only got a hmm in return. I didn't know but something told me it was related to Jay hyung. Quickly grabbing my phone I dialed Sunghoon hyung"s number and waited until he finally took the call.

"Hey Jungwon."

"Hyung where is Jay hyung?"

"Uhh I sent him to the convenience store to buy me some cough drops. Why?"

"Hyung please help them..."

| | • • • • • | |

Cries in 'i can't make good book covers'  😭😭😭😭 Anyways enzoy 😭😭

Cries in 'i can't make good book covers' 😭😭😭😭
Anyways enzoy 😭😭