37. broken

| | • • • • • | |

We were in the hospital right now. Yes I was freaking out right now. After Jugyeong called Jay and told us what happened to her father, we made our way to hospital immediately. I could see the tension in everyone's eyes but what worried me most was Jay. He wasn't being normal, nobody was but he was acting different specially. I did see him talk to Heeseung for a while but I couldn't hear what they talked about.

The operation theatre door opened revealing a couple nurses bringing out someone as the doctor apologized to Jay. "I'm sorry Jay. I couldn't do anything." They knew each other but what mattered the most right now was that the body was Jugyeong's father's. "Doctor Kim please no." He slowly said with a sad tone. My heart broke apart when I saw Jugyeong walk out from the room. She looked emotionless before finally falling on her knees.

I felt bad. Really bad for her because she was going through so much these past few days and none of us knew it. I heard slowly starting to cry. The others couldn't say anything rather they just stood there in grief for the poor girl. I was about to go comfort her but stopped on my path when I saw Jay pass beside me and then towards her, hugging. I didn't expect that but at the same time he was her best friend so it was probably the best.

"Shhh stop crying.." Jay patted the broken girl's hair as she cried in his arms. "Jay, my d-dad. He-he left m-me." Jugyeong stuttered not being able to stop crying while Jay helplessly caressed her hair. I could feel a tear leave my eyes seeing the girl getting hurt so bad. "Stop crying Jugyeong, he wouldn't want you to cry." He tried comforting but Jugyeong kept shaking her head while sobbing.

"Jugyeong calm down please." Sunghoon kneeled down to her level and tried to calm her down but it was of no use. I looked away not being able to bear the sadness anymore. Obviously Jugyeong would be in a horrible state. She just lost her father. I don't know how I would cope up with the situation if it was me in her place. Not wanting to look away I looked down as my eyes left small tears falling. Jungwon patted my back as I looked at him with my sad eyes. "She doesn't deserve all these Jungwon."

"Jugyeong? Jugyeong! Gosh she just fainted." I heard Jay panicking as I immediately looked behind. Sunghoon helped Jay carry the unconscious girl to the nearest hospital room and laid her down on the bed. "Doctor doctor!" Jake tried calling the doctor to immediately check up in her as the doctor who was called Doctor Kim I guess entered quickly and checked up on her. She checked her pulse for a while before sighing.

"She's really weak." The doctor said, about to leave the room but Sunghoon stopped her. "Wait doctor, when will she wake up?" He asked. "She'll wake up in an hour or two, might take a couple days as well." With that she left the room slowly shaking her head. I looked back at Jugyeong and then at Jay, he was really worried about her. It's be a lie to say that I wasn't feeling weird to see Jay caring for Jugyeong this much it's probably me overthinking. Trying to shrug the bad thoughts away, I got called by Heeseung slowly.