32. hospital

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Jugyeong's POV

I made my way to the hospital and tears formed in my eyes. The air felt heavy and stressful but I couldn't care about that. The doctor's last line rang around my ears making me freak out and all sorts of bad stuffs were going on in my mind. But no I calmed myself down thinking it was just my brain lying to me. Yes my brain is just lying to me.

Reaching the room I took a deep breathe, wiped off my tears and put a smile on. I opened the door only to be revealed by an old man lying on the bed with the oxygen mask on. I hid my lips trying not to cry in front of him. Slowly making my way towards him, I sat on the chair beside the bed and held his warm hands.

"D-dad.." My voice broke seeing him in this state. He was so weak and tired. His emotionless body just laid on the bed, as if he was dead. But I knew he wasn't dead. His time didn't come yet. I tightened my grip as I saw him slowly opening his eyes. "Dad dad-" I said out as he acknowledged my face.

"Jugyeong?"

"Yes dad.."

"I'll be fine. Don't cry." He caressed my hair as I slowly let out my tears looking down. "Don't leave me please."

-

"So you finally came, I see." I stayed on the doctor's room after my dad fell asleep. Playing with my fingers, I hardly made eye contact with the doctor also known as my aunt. "Are you alright?" I could sense a tension in her tone and tried calming her down a bit. "Yes I'm fine. Just a daily breakdown. It's alright."

"Hmm so he chose her over you. Look Jugyeong you don't have to hide anything from me. I'm your therapist as well. I'm supposed to be your human diary." The older woman sighed in frustration seeing me be so tough on myself. I looked down in embarrassment not being able to meet her serious eyes. "I suggest you stay here, by your dad's side for the next few days. We don't know when we might lose him."

-

Jay's POV

It was a school day again. I groaned making my way outside the house only to be met by the Yang siblings together. They didn't notice me so I took the opportunity and stayed hidden while trying to hear their conversation. "But I'm worried about Jugyeong, Jungwon. She didn't come home last night." She didn't come home? I raised my eyebrows in confusion. A feeling of guilt started occuring. She's my friend after all. And I don't want the other stuffs to ruin that.

I decided to go walk with them so made my way towards them slowly. My steps stopped as I saw Jieun stopping in front of Jiwoo. Quickly making my way towards her, I held Jiwoo's hand only to make her flinch and look at me. "What do you want now Jieun? You do remember what happened after that day right-" I got cut off by the girl in front of me sighing heavily.

"Jay stay out of this, will you?" Huh? Stay out of this? I scoffed before deepening my voice and making eye contact with her.

"I'm her boyfriend, girl."