39. farewell

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Morning

Jiwoo's POV

I woke up with a bad headache. More like I was waiting for morning to come so that I can get out of here as soon as possible. Trying not to let the ast events affect me, I freshened up looking dead and started packing my stuffs. "Let's get out of here." I said encouraging myself and quickly got done with my packing. Taking out my phone, I dialed Jungwon's number cuz he was supposed to come along with me today.

"Uhh I'm ready." I said trying to hide my miserable voice. Pretending to be happy was hard. Pretending to be normal was equally hard. He 'hmm'-ed as I cut the call and sighed. "I'm gonna miss all these." I looked around the small, cute house. I had some of the best moments of my life here and to be honest, some of my worst moments were also here. Trying to get my heavy suitcase out of the house was so nostalgic. The day I came here. The day I met the people who would change my life completely.

And here I was again, running away from everything. But if it was the best for everyone then yes, yes I'll go away. I'll leave them alone. It'll be for everyone's best as well as mine. "Here, let me carry." Jungwon came forward taking away the bag as I struggled to move my feet outside the house. I saw Niki and Sunghoon outside. They looked sad and I felt guilty. It was none of their fault. But me leaving the place because of their friend sure did hurt them.

"Jiwoo, don't go." Niki pleaded as I tried keeping a straight face. I went towards them and have them each a tight hug. "I'm sorry Niki." I looked up at Sunghoon and gave him a sad smile for my farewell. "Please." I shook my head and quickly moved away from them walking up to Jungwon who was waiting by the Uber. "Gosh I'm gonna miss all these." I looked around the entire neighborhood. Who knew my stay here would be this short. I bit my lips and waited for the car to get so that we could get in.

And soon we heard another car coming in the neighborhood. Everyone knew who arrived right now when we saw Jake coming out of the car holding a bag of luggage. He stopped when he saw me and confusedly looked at the luggage that was beside me. "Jiwoo... Don't tell me you're leaving?" He ran up to me still with furrowed eyebrows while I looked away slightly nodding. The others left the car as well but I didn't want to look at that direction. It'd be painful to seem the both of them together.

"No no please don't leave Jiwoo." Sunoo came along whining after finding out that I'm leaving and so did Heeseung. I hugged them saying sorry and got inside the car quickly not wanting to see the other two. I sat inside the car playing with my fingers in nervousness. One part of me was still saying that maybe, just maybe Jay would stop me and say that it was all a confusion. But no. Nothing happened. Jungwon entered the car as the car started moving, I closed my eyes quickly not wanting to see anyone while leaving the neighborhood.

Jay's POV

We all got out of the car. Jake immediately ran up to somewhere as I got out only to see another car. And then I saw Jiwoo sadly hugging Sunoo and there was a luggage beside her? She was leaving? I immediately walked up to her but she quickly got inside the car looking. Please I want to stop her. But it was for the best, she'd get hurt if she stayed here. And so I stopped myself from pulling her back. My heart hurt seeing the car move slowly untill it finally became invisible.

She left.

-

Jungwon's POV

"Are you sure you wanna stay here all by yourself? Mom and dad will take about a month or two to come." I said out in worry as Jiwoo breathed the fresh air of the house. Nobody stayed there for about a few months now and it was pretty dirty. "I think staying here all alone would be the best for me." She said out giving me an assuring smile. But I could tell that she wasn't okay and staying all alone would probably be the worst decision right now. "If you want, I can stay here-" I got cut off by her.

"No Jungwon. Fine I know I'll probably ruin my entire health by overthinking and staying here all alone but I really don't want anyone to be with me." She confessed as I opened my mouth to protest but closed it again. It was of no use. She was slowly turning back to the old Jiwoo. And she was isolating herself from everyone else. It wasn't good. I looked down in defeat. "Hey I'm gonna be alright." Jiwoo ruffled my hair giving me a soft smile which was fake but I played along hoping it would make him her feel better. "Ok then."

Jiwoo's POV

Jungwon left the house after maybe a couple hours and the moment the door closed my fake smile came back to normal. It came back to the depressing expression I had earlier. "Guess Jiwoo is back here." I waved my hands and looked around at the completely empty house. Throwing myself on the couch I sighed heavily as yesterday's scenes flashed in front of me.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Let's break up."

I played with my face so that even if my eyes forced me to let my sadness out by tearing myself, I better not cry. Let it all be inside. Finally my masochistic heart started blooming. I closed my eyes and without realizing, I drifted off to sleep.

-

Jay's POV

I stayed in my room not wanting to communicate with anyone. I was drowning in guilt and I obvious didn't know if the decision I took was the best or not. "No Jay it's probably the best for Jugyeong and Jiwoo if not you." I tried convincing myself and sighed heavily lying down.

*Knock*

"Who is it?" I frustratedly said and looked up only to see Jungwon. I ignored his stares and felt him coming towards me finally sitting beside me. "Hyung-"

"I know Jungwon, I'm the biggest jerk you'll probably ever see and I'm sorry for that. Please-" I tried stopping him from hating me but it was probably too late for that. As far as I know Jungwon loves his sister more than anything else and yesterday's event pretty sure changes his entire perspective about me. But I got stopped by him.

"I didn't come here for that. I don't know why you did this and I don't want to know it. I just came here to tell you that Jiwoo is fine. Well that's what she's pretending to be. Hope you're fine as well."

I'm not fine Jungwon.

| | • • • • • | |

Damn I feel bad reading my own chapters like hOw cAn ThEy bE sO bAd

Also what are the chances of y'all reading my next book? Like I'm just curious-