~ Part 7~ | The Lies We Tell

~*~*~*~
** I'm Not Fine (Blixemi) **
~*~*~*~

"But no matter hard I try
There this little voice in my mind
And it tells me every time
That I will not be fine"

~ I'm Not Fine (Original Blixemi Warriors Song)

*******

"We have arrived!"

The old masters tone was proud as he stopped, arms spread open, welcoming their arrival with joy and-

"Uh...Master Wu?" Cole said carefully. "I think we're in the middle of nowhere."

And they were. Zane tilted his head, feeling puzzled by this situation as he scanned the destination.

"Is there really such as place as nowhere?" Wu hummed. "If there was nowhere how would we know it existed?"

Must be some sort of riddle. Zane concluded, his mind already working to unscramble his teacher's cryptic words.

Cole just stared at him in confusion. Mouth open a tiny bit and brow scrunched. "Uh...what?"

Wu simply ignored the dubious faces of his students as he kicked off his brown slippers and walked a few paces. "Shoes off, students!" He instructed.

The tall blonde obediently slid off his simple grey shoes. He glanced around at his peers to see if they were following. Most of them looked confused while Kai grimaced at the sight of Master Wu's feet.

"Is that sanitary?" Jay inquired, only to be bopped in the head with the hiking stick. The ginger had to jump around to get off his running shoes as he yanked off his socks with a grunt. Cole was already destroying his own by wearing them with his heels crushing the back. He could slip out of them easily. Nya bent to take off her hiking boots, giving Kai a stern look until he reluctantly shuffled out of his red treads.

It was very quiet. Thin spindly trees grew from the ground, the grass wasn't very lush and was more of a pale sickly green. The ground wasn't muddy but wasn't dry. It's texture smooth and cold to the touch. There was enough foliage that it gave some shade, long streaks of sun casting like spotlights around the small nook of the woods. You could just make out the blue sky if you looked up. Bushes and ferns grew around, tiny stick like plants crowding around them. Many weeds and the occasional wild flower stick out of the ground, brushing against Zane's skin like tickle wisps.

Wu was dressed in his usual white robes, he simply walked around in a circle-like shape, weaving through the trees with his eyes closed and his hands clasped behind his back.

How peculiar.

"Master Wu?" Zane called out to the headmaster. "What are you instructions for this class?"

The old man didn't answer. Zane watched carefully but as this continued on he was aware of the rest of his classmates behaviours. Kai began to feel impatient, pressing his lips together in agitation. Jay stood to his left, the boy was rocking on the balls of his feet. His grey track pants were a little long and the end reached to his toes. Cole sort of plopped onto the ground with a sigh and began picking at the grass. Nya simply glanced at her brother questioningly as Wu continued doing laps around the space.