~ Part 4 ~ | Wake-Up Call

~*~*~*~
**Android Ashley (Erika Henningson - Write Out Loud) **
~*~*~*~

"Android Ashley
I wish I were you
Instructions tell you what to do
And if you fail you can't feel blue
Android Ashley
When you're good to go
Maybe then at last I'll know
How to fix the bugs in Ashley 1.0"

~ Erika Henningson

******

Zane wasn't used to sleeping in the same room as another. He lay there, contemplating all the different thoughts that seemed to move around his mind. Zane Julien was smart. Almost too smart for his own good. His mind could easily calculate the most complicated of sums. He knew almost every fact about various creatures and memorized the dictionary front and back. He had almost every answer to everything.

Except for the answers on him.

Zane shook his head, shaking away the worries that nipped at his mind as he lay in the dark. The window in their room allowed the moon to shine just a little bit of light into their room. It bounced off the walls and landed on his roommate. Kai Smith was his name. He had hair that seemed to defy gravity. It was mostly product, Zane knew. Probably some of the gel of Cliff Gordon's brand. Zane took a tentative sniff. Definitely. He had brown hair. A light colour. Perhaps cedar. His eyes were brown too but had an odd amber shine to them. It was very unusual for what appeared to be Asian roots. Zane would have to research more on that. Kai's body language showed that he was agitated. His sleep was restless and he tossed around a lot. Zane contemplated what the social protocol was in this situation. Should he wake him?

"Kai?" Zane stood and strolled over to the boy's beside. He was tangled up in his blanket. "Kai Smith?"

His only response was indecipherable muttering and thrashing. Zane gently nudged him, taking him by his shoulders and gently shaking the brunette. He did wake up but when he did, he shot straight up and smashed his forehead into Zane's.

Kai swore incredibly loudly and clutched his forehead as Zane blinked, slightly fazed and raised a hand to his own very slowly. "Ow." Zane mumbled.

Kai whipped his head to glare at Zane, his eyes like fire as he snarled at him. "Why the heck did you do that?" He snapped.

"You appeared distressed." Zane said simply.

Kai just stared at him before huffing and laying back down. He rolled over, pointedly giving Zane his back as he shoved his blankets over his head.

"You're welcome." Zane told his roommate before returning to his own bed, making Kai's jaw drop as he simply closed his eyes casually.

*****

A loud blaring jolted Kai out of his sleep. He groaned and rolled over as the loud voice of his head master radiated throughout the entire school.

"Good morning students. We are starting out our day early with a nice relaxing hike to stretch our muscles. Please join me outside the building by the front doors in thirty minutes." There was small crackled but the voice of Wu was still talking. Judging by what he was saying he didn't realize the system was still on as he began talking with an old woman about his constipation issues.