~ Part 9~ | Some People Walk in the Rain, Others Just Get Wet

~ Part 9~ | Some People Walk In The Rain, Others Just Get Wet

~*~*~*~
** Cafeteria Song (My Little Pony- Equestria Girls **
~*~*~*~

"Hey, hey, everybody
We've got something to say
We may seem as different
As the night is from day
But you look a little deeper
And you will see
That I'm just like you
And you're just like me"

~My Little Pony Equestria Girls

This chapter is dedicated to @the-Ninjago-Nerds you've been commenting on this book since the beginning and your encouragement has made me so happy :) thank you.

Chapter title is a quote from Roger Miller
******

This was a terrible mistake.

Nya crouched under a large oak tree, shivering as her soaked maroon sweater stuck to her skin like gum to the bottom of a sneaker. Her legs were burning from the position but she couldn't risk sitting down and more rain sopping her clothes.

Dammit Wu, Nya grumbled to herself, why did you choose a place in the middle of nowhere?

Nya wasn't sure why she had walked so far. She and Kai shared the same temper so her emotions clouded her vision, before she knew it she had been deep in the forest around the school and had no idea how to get back. Nya has planned on using the sunset but unfortunately the storm had made it harder and harder to navigate. Nya pressed her middle finger and index finger into her mouth, releasing a high pitched whistle out into the dark.

Nothing.

Better hope Kai finds me soon. Nya sighed, rubbing her eyes and brushing her damp bangs away. Nya squinted at the sky, hoping to get a glimpse of something that could help her get back to the school. Is was a giant building in the middle of the woods for crying out loud!

"He better be looking for me." Nya muttered half-heartedly as she rested her face on her arms.

******

"WHERE IS WU?"

Jay and Cole struggled to keep pace with the fire ball as Kai barrelled down the hallway. He went straight for Wu's office, shoving past Mistaké's desk that was positioned outside of it. She was chewing on Bits 'n' Bites and watching stunt fails on her computer. "Don't go in there." She said in a distracted, deadpan voice. She was a little too late because Kai already had burst into Wu's office.

Jay puffed as he made his short legs go faster, Cole grabbed his arm and speeded him along, the two boys not paying Mistaké any kind either.

"Stop." Came the vacant, half-hearted objection.

Kai seemed to be raiding Wu's office when they got there. The old man was no where to be found.

"Uh... I don't think Nya would fit in his desk drawers." Jay pointed out unhelpfully.

"I know that." Kai growled, tossing papers across the room.

"Okay! Let's calm down for a second here." Cole said nervously, as much as he originally hated this place, he didn't exactly want to be expelled. "Why don't you tell us what you're looking for?"