~ Part 15 ~ | The Boy in The Painting

~ Part 15 ~ | The Boy In The Painting

~*~*~*~

** Ghost Story (Carrie Underwood) **

~*~*~*~

"You'll wish you never said goodbye
Wish you'd never let me go
Let the love between us die
You can carve it into stone
I'm gonna be your ghost story
That keeping you up, all night memory
I'll be haunting you, you'll be wanting me
I'm gonna be your ghost story"

~ Carrie Underwood

****

This chapter is dedicated to @AU_everything. Thank you for the support!

(comment or PM if you'd like a shoutout!)

*****

Usually, the songs in the chapters are ones I know and love. Like the last chapter with 300 Days by Erika Harlacher! It's one of my favourites. But other times it's a song I don't really know and just found. Like now! I haven't listened to this song, just read the lyrics and I liked them.

*****

"What is going on here?" There was a small shriek as the group of kids clustered around a ladder jumped. Their eyes went wide and matching guilty expressions were pasted on their face as they glanced around uneasily.

Now I've caught 'em. Cole thought smugly. He put on his best impression of his father, screwing his face up into a disappointed scowl and a piercing glare. He was about to give them a stern talking to when someone interrupted him.

"You look constipated." Cole glanced over to see Toni watching him with an impressed look.

"No, I don't!" He protested, even though she was probably right. The girl just rolled her eyes (the audacity!) and took a step forward, looking over the group of children like there had been a monster hidden in the body of a teenage girl.

She raised an eyebrow, carefully sweeping her gaze across their faces before jerking her head at one girl. "You, obnoxious over-achieving white girl, where's Nelson?"

Obnoxious over-achieving white girl, or Meghan, gaped at the older student. "I- you- hey!" She stuttered. Cole tried to put his hand on Toni's shoulder to pull her back but she slapped the back of his palm faster than a grandma protecting cookies.

"Ow!" Cole clutched his hand with a pout. "Look, I was just going to tell you to chill out! You don't need to come on so strong."

"Do you want answers or do you want stupid answers like 'your mom?'" Toni replied, crossing her arms.

He shook his head. "They can't be that childish-"

"Your mom." Someone peeped from the back.

"Seriously, Patrick?" Cole groaned. Toni only smirked and gave a cocky dip of her head as if to say 'See? I told you so!'

One of the boys tucked at the very end pushed his way to the front, his chin was tipped up challengingly and his eyes were defiant. "You can't keep coming to little Nelson's rescue, Antonia. He's making his own decisions."