~ Part 3 ~ | The Strange Girl In The Elevator

~*~*~*~
** Common Sense (Joshua Basset)**
~*~*~*~

"Common sense tells me kiss the girl goodbye
Common sense tells me leave it all behind
Common sense says the girl's not worth my time
But common sense ain't common when you come to mind"

~ Joshua Basset

(P. S common sense would totally be Gwen and Zane's song. I'm thinking about the one-shot where they decide on adopting to those who read my OC stories)

This chapter is dedicated to @mariapham9090 . First person to ask if I could update again. Made me weirdly excited XD

******

Zane smiled softly as he watched Nya and Jay lean closely to each other, talking in giddy tones about Cyrus Borg's various technology. Zane wasn't the best when it came to human interaction but he could read people well. He could very well tell by Jay's rosy cheeks and sweaty hands that he liked Nya.

Zane stepped away and allowed them their time, wandering to a more forgotten section in the lobby displays. A small little table with what looked to be an old invention. But it was incomplete.

Zane tilted his head, his gaze moving over the blue prints hung on the walls by it. It was a beautiful build, delicate details and complicated circuits. The metal perfectly crafted into feather like pieces. Zane looked down at the machine, it was a small robot bird that sat lifeless on the display. Its chest plate open to show its unfinished mechanics. Tools and random parts were spread out on the surface along with yellowed papers and little notes.

There was something that drew Zane to the android. Something that tingled in the back of his mind. Zane picked up on of the pieces. A small circle-like piece with a pale blue colour. He looked at the birds empty mechanics. His eyes fell on a small spot in his chest where there were just empty wires. Something... some kind of feeling told him what to do.

Zane's fingers moved fast as he adjusted a few things, rewiring the mechanics, cleaning the circuits, and tweaking small mistakes here and there. Whoever had made this machine had accidentally screwed in a plate wrong so it made the wires fit in a different way. Zane found the small, strange, blue plate and set it in the birds chest. He held his breath as there was a whir and the falcon's heart began to glow. With a squawk his eyes blinked open and his wings stretched out wide. His gaze regarding Zane thoughtfully.

Zane grinned, a proud feeling spreading through his chest as he stared at the life-like bird.

"How did you do that?" A methodical female voice asked. Zane turned and came fade to face with a young woman around his age. Blonde hair with a silvery sheen, expressionless yet thoughtful face, and vibrant green eyes that seemed to stare into his soul.

"I.... I don't know." Zane stammered, glancing at the falcon. The robot bird beat its wings, taking off into the air and flying a small circle around their head. "I guess I just.... reacted by instinct."

"One cannot always achieve science by instinct." The girl spoke, confusion lacing her tone. "But... it seems you have."

She turned her gaze back to him. "Cyrus Borg has been trying to figure out that android for years since we recovered it."