~ Part 3 ~| A Visitor

~ Part 3~ | A Visitor

~*~*~*~
** I Found My Place (The LEGO Ninjago Movie) **
~*~*~*~

"But just because you're different
Doesn't mean that you'll never make a difference
As long as you're with good friends
You can save the world!"

~ Oh, Hush!

This chapter is dedicated to Harumi115 ! Thank you for voting and commenting!!!

(comment or PM if you'd like a shoutout! I do not mind! I'm running out of people that are at this chapter!)

******

When did my life come to this? Kai wondered to himself as he chewed on a cherry lollipop outside of the boy's washroom. He leaned against the wall casually and nibbled on the lollipop stick as he waited for the sound of the tap turning off. The little kid smiled sheepishly as he pattered out. Kai raised his eyebrow as the child stumbled over his shoelaces.

"You done, kid?" Kai asked, ducking into the bathroom to toss the stick into the garbage.

He nodded quickly, shyly ducking his head and stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Alright, let's rejoin the others." Kai jerked his thumb towards the staircase where the thudding and laughter wafted down from the second floor.

Kai watched as the boy went running up the stairs excitedly, waving as his friends cheered to his arrival. A slight smile tilted at Kai's lips and he followed the kids up. He didn't dislike children per se but he'd lost interest in childhood early on. Maybe a part of him was still bitter about that.

But as he watched the younger students rush around that dark, the twisted feeling faded away into something much more pleasant, almost fond. They joked and teased each other, chattering endlessly about nonsense at a pace that could rival Jay's. It seemed so free and fun in a way that was different from the joy he felt as a teenager. Yes, he was beyond happy when he was around his friends but there was a slight innocence in kids that seemed so precious yet so familiar.

The sweet feeling slipped away as quickly as it came when Kai spotted a pair of trouble-makers peering into the door leading to the attic.

Those little-

"Hey!" Kai shouted. The kids glanced at each other and giggled before slipping inside the room. "You're not allowed in there- are you ignoring me???"

*****

Zane smiled as he watched all the other students excitedly search for the items they hid around the building. It was nice hearing laughter fill the quiet halls.

Wu wandered into the kitchen, his lips set in a frown, and he walked hastily as if he needed to be somewhere.

"Hello, Headmaster Wu." Zane greeted his teacher cheerfully. "Shall I pour you some tea?"

"Uh- no thank you, Zane." The man hesitated a moment. "Perhaps boil some water for later."

Zane's brow furrowed in confusion. "Are you feeling alright? You appear distracted."