~ Part 13 ~ | Rooftop Talks

~*~*~*~

** Grow As We Go (Ben Platt) **

~*~*~*~

"You don't ever have to leave if to change is what you need. You can change right next to me."

~ Ben Platt

****

This chapter is dedicated to @Lloydmondgomery. Thank you for the support!

(comment or PM if you'd like a shoutout!)

*****

Zane masked his surprise with a gentle smile and met his gaze with Pixal's. The girl stared nervously back. "Hello, Pixal." He greeted her.

Nya beamed at her guest, taking her by the wrist and pulling her inside. "Welcome! Welcome! I can't believe you came!"

Pixal sent her a curious look. "I confirmed my attendance through text, did I not?"

"Uh- yeah you did- I mean-" Nya shook her head. "Never mind! I'm just happy you're here! Take off your coat! Settle in!"

Pixal looked apprehensive but she took off her shoes and shrugged off her purple jacket. Zane stepped up, taking it from her with a smile. She jumped a little, looking at him with wide eyes as he bent to pick up her shoes.

"I can put these in the closet." Zane told her.

"Uh- thank you." Pixal replied, her gaze locking on the boy's ear. Zane frowned a little at her response but he didn't have time to question it when Wu entered.

"Hello Pixal," the headmaster said with a tired nod. "I'm happy you could come over! Sorry about the noise. The lesson hours will be done soon. The kids will settle in their rooms then."

Pixal tucked her chin in shyly. "It is alright. I don't mind the noise. The apartment is always so quiet." She sounded a little wistful.

"Nya," Wu turned towards his student. "Why don't you take Pixal to your room."

"I can bring up something to eat later." Zane offered.

Nya gave him a quick hug. "Aw, thank you Zane! Feel free to come join us! Tell the guys to say hi when they have time!" She began to lead Pixal toward the stairs.

Zane chuckled. "I will try but Kai seems persistent on having a 'guys night.'" He hesitated when Pixal walked by. "If you don't mind, I would love to catch up."

Pixal clutched her bag so tight her knuckles were turning white. "Um..."

"ZANE!" Jay crashed in, his face coated in dirt and a tiny bit of blood. His face was bright red with anger. "WHERE IS COLE?"

Zane frowned. "Up the stairs. He said something about annoying kids and grapes?"

"Ugh! He's supposed to be helping me! Kai and Lloyd should've been here by now! Those jerks are so gonna- oh hey Pixal!" Jay immediately changed to a cheerier tone when he saw the two girls standing at the top of the stairs.