Chapter 90

The room was always cold whenever Tom entered it. And the gray walls were always unsettling. But Tom found himself not as disgusted by the man in front of him. For the first time in a while Tom had gained approval from a male, and he almost felt like he had a father. But that didn't stop Tom from noticing how rancid this man was to Tord.

"Edgegood, how are you doing my boy?"
"Fine, sir."

Tom could feel Tord's suspicious eyes from beside him, but he ignored it.

"Now, Larrison. Why are you here."

Tom heard a small scoff come from his boyfriend, before the male stepped forward closer to the bed.

"Just a usual check in, Red Leader, sir."

"If I needed something I would have summoned you. Don't come in here of your own regard unless it is for a serious reason. Dismissed."
Tord started to walk out of the room, and Tom turned to follow.

"Soldier, hold steady. I wish to share a few words with you."

Tord looked at Tom, that suspicious glint back in his eyes. He gave a loose shrug to try and reassure his boyfriend, before turning around. The man seemed to wait till his son left the room.

"I consider you respectable. You have a fire in your eyes."

"Thank you, sir."
"I'm glad you chose to join my army. However, I feel being Tord's bodyguard may be a restriction to your potential."

"Pardon, sir. I would never question your judgement; however, I am comfortable with my current position."

"Well then you are going to have to train more. I'll put one of my best soldiers on it to train you. For those hours you will be pardoned from Tord's side."
"Hours?"

"That is the time required to train you, yes. Dismissed."

Tom nodded, and walked out of the room. Though he didn't forget to give a final salute. When Tom left the room he immediately scanned for Tord, and found the boy waiting for him on the opposing wall. He walked up and they headed together to Tord's office.

"What did my father want with you?"
"He wanted to train me more. Apparently I have to go for a couple hours every day to do so."

"That's what he had me do when I was younger. Though normally I fought at night and worked at day."

Tord sat down on the large chair in the room and began to tend to his paperwork. Tom paced around the room a couple times. He felt awkward, and didn't know what to do.

"Can I help with anything."

"I don't think you'd know how to fill it out."
"You could teach me."

"That'd take too long."

"Okay."

Tom continued his pacing.