Chapter 108

Tom opened the door to find his grandmother working on flowers towards the back of the display room. She looked up at the ringing of the bell. She then looked back down, giving a soft 'hi' before getting back to her task. He dropped his bag behind the counter and sat on a stool.

"Hey. How's the shop doing?"

"Pretty good. The customers that came to watch you play guitar haven't been back since you left. But other than that good."

"That's good. And how have you been."

"Lonely. Worried. Though I was fine. I'm just glad you finished your teen-life crisis."

"Sorry for leaving unexpectedly."

"It's fine. We do crazy things for the ones we love."

"Still. I should have told you. I won't do that again. You mean so much to me and I don't ever want to hurt you."

Tom could feel tears welling in his eyes. They hadn't spoken when he got home, and when he snuck out he ended up not coming home till today. He loved Tord and wanted to spend every moment in his arms. But that didn't mean that Tom had an excuse to hide stuff from his Granny. He loved her.

"Honey," she got up and walked over to the counter. She pulled his buff frame into her arms and Tom felt so safe. "First off, why are you so big now?" She pulled away for a moment to feel his biceps before hugging him again. "And second it's fine. I'm a tough lady. As long as you are being safe then it'll be okay.

"Thank you. So much. For everything."

"Anytime dearie."

She pulled away from the boy and wiped his tears away softly with her thumb. She then backed up and grabbed a newspaper. Tom looked at her curiously as she rolled it up in her hand. She gave a menacing smirk and smacked him in the head with it three times. He looked at her confused.

"Next time tell me before you leave."
"Okay."

They laughed together softly and Tom fell back into the routine of caring for the flowers. He then remembered the conversation on the phone he had had with Tord not too long ago.

"Do you mind if I go to dinner at Tord's."

"Not at all. I'm almost out of food here anyway."

"Can you come?"

"Ask his mother first."

"Of course."

Tom whipped out his phone and rang up his boyfriend.
"Tom!"

"Hey, babe. I'm calling 'cause I wanted to ask if it was okay if granny came?"

Soft talking was heard from beyond the phone and Tord's voice came back. "She said yes."

"Alrighty. Love you!" Tom hung up and gave his Granny a confirming nod. They worked together to clean up the shop and close it early. The duo then headed out walking towards Tord's house.