Chapter 51

"Get the fuck out."

"Wait! I've come to apologize! Please."

Trisha closed the door on Tom and walked to Tord.

"Was that Tom?"

"No."

Tord got up and opened the door to a worried Tom.

"Tord don't you talk to him!"

Tord stepped outside the house next to Tom.

"Young man I will ground you if-"

Tord shut the door with a small smirk on his lips. He turned to Tom and scowled.

"Explain."

Tom sucked a breath through his teeth and shoved the bouquet into Tord's arms.

"Look I'm really sorry for what happened at the party, I didn't kiss her voluntarily! She sorta cornered me, and I was drunk so I couldn't tell that she was way too close until it was too late. I don't even like girls!"

The Brit wore a look of some jumble of guilt and anxiety, the words falling out like racing water down a stream. Tord took a moment to process this information before smiling softly.

"Emily really is more of a bitch than I thought."

Tord started walking down the driveway.

He turned his head back towards Tom,

"Are you coming?"

The boys were at the park, Tord swinging halfheartedly and Tom occasionally kicking the ground to stir movement. The silence was comfortable.

"So, why did it bother you so much?"

Tord turned his head to Tom and dug his feet into the dirt.

"W-what? What do you mean?"

"Why did seeing her kiss me bother you so much."

Tord flushed pink and looked at the tennis fields to the opposite side of Tom. He knew the answer, but could he tell Tom, and would Tom actually feel the same? Tord decided to take a chance and bare his heart.

"Because I wish it was me." He mumbled hoping Tom would not be able to hear him.

Tom stopped what little movement he had going on the swing and stood up. Tom walked closer to Tord, Tord flinched. Tom crouched in the sand looking up at Tord.

"Really?"

Tord looked away from Tom's face,

"Yeah."

"Tord, tell me if this makes you uncomfortable, but can I make it up to you?"

Tord had to process for a moment before it clicked, he blushed darker.

"O- oh."

Tom smiled as Tord nodded his head absolutely flustered. Tom gently moved his hands to either side of Tord's burning face, pulling them closer until.

"OMG guys! What are you doing here?"

Matt chirped, excited to see his friends. Tom and Tord jumped away from each other barely able to catch their breath. Edd walked over with a cup of hot cocoa in each hand.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?"

"Just hanging." Tord squeaked starting to swing again, this time powered by the adrenaline rushing through him. Tom's face was still a brilliant crimson, Edd smiled at the two looking between them. Tord held one hand over his mouth looking away from Tom. Tom just looked at the ground.

"So did we interrupt you two making out?"

Tord was silent and blushed harder. Tom stared more intensely at the ground, his face growing blood red.

"Oh." Edd said.