Chapter 63

It was the moment Tord was waiting for. He was practically drooling as his mother held his phone out in front of him.

"My son, you have earned this."

Tord had come straight(gay) home and minimized talking to the guys, Tom being absent so it was easier, then he did so much house work he thought his hands would fall off. At 5:30 Trisha Larrison placed the miracle box in his hands. He kissed the screen and put his cheek against the cool metal. He placed in his pocket and hugged his mother.

"Oh thank you mama!"

Trisha ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead. Tord turned it on and holy shit.

He had so many messages, from Tom, Edd, Matt, Mina, Emily being a bitch, etc.

Tord was a little overwhelmed but he filtered through it all.

After a lot on explaining and reading he finally opened a message with Tom.

Tom: feeling sick

Tord: :( get well soon.

Tord: also my mom's willing to forgive you.

Tord didn't get a response.

Hmmm.

Tord was finally ungrounded, courtesy of his mother. Snow had just started to fall. But for some reason Tord wanted ice cream.

"Mama?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I go celebrate being ungrounded with my friends at Wendy's?"

"'Sure love! Be home soon!"

Tord texted four people, Tom, Edd, Matt, and Mina.

Tom didn't respond, but the others agreed to meet at the corner.

Tord opened his closet and pulled out his winter coat.

He went down the stairs, kissed his mother's forehead and grabbed his wallet off the counter.

The gang entered the Wendy's with cold faces and snow in their hair.

Tord dipped his French fries into the chocolate frostee. Mina held a fry in the air. The gang was confused at first, Mina explained it was a toast, with fries.

With fries in the air Mina chirped.

"To freedom and love!"

"Cheers!"

"And ice cream and fries!"

Everyone nodded in agreement and dipped their fries.

It was a happy moment, but Tord could shake the feeling that something bad was happening to Tom, probably nothing.