Chapter 101

Tord had finished packing his bag and stepped back to take a breath. He knew that his father was well enough to be out of bed and he was terrified. He wanted to get out as soon as possible. He had lied to Tom. They weren't leaving in six days they were leaving that night. His thoughts were interrupted as desperate knocks came from his door. He opened it cautiously and Tom fell into the room, his eyes wide.

"Tord we need to leave."

Tord chuckled.

"Yes we do."

"No, I mean right now. At this second. Red Leader is pissed at me and I don't want to see where that goes."

Tord nodded and picked up his bag. Twisting the ring on his finger he mapped out a plan.

"Alright. Make sure that no one you know sees us."

Tom nodded and took his hand. Tord could feel Tom's hand shaking.

They stepped out of the door and clung to the hallway walls. They ran into an obstacle however.

"Where are you going?"

Anastasia stood in his way to freedom. Anastasia's eyes fell onto Tord and Tom's linked hands and glared at them.

"Get out of the way soldier."

Anastasia humphed and unclipped the walkie talkie from her belt.

"Red Leader this is Anastasia. I have news about your heir."

She smiled wickedly at them and Tord ran straight into her knocking her over. He kept on running dragging Tom behind him and the exit to the base was in sight. He straightened his posture and walked confidently towards his freedom.

"TORD FUCKING LARRISON! YOU GET YOUR ASS RIGHT HERE SO I CAN SLIT YOUR GODDAMN THROAT!"

Red leader screamed across the field. Tord halted. He turned to Tom.

"Whatever you do don't stop running."

"I'm not leaving you here with him!"

Tom shoved Tord towards the exit.

"Run! Run and don't stop until you're home. I'll meet you there."

Tord didn't waste any time and dashed through the fresh crowd of people. Running for the exit.