Chapter 54

Tom opened the door to the small apartment for Tord. It still smelled like acid, but his room now had a small amount of flowers near the windows. Mrs. Laila forced him to, she said it livened up the home that smelled like a bar. Tord sat down on the bed, sitting criss crossed and staring at the flowers.

"Didn't take you as the type for home decoration."

"I'm not. I was forced against my will."

Tord cocked his eyebrow, asking for an expansion on the statement, but none came. Instead Tom sat down on the bed next to Tord.

"Well do you wanna fall asleep now?"

"I think we should talk first."

Tom gave a small nod but still mumbled "lame."

"So you like me?"
"No, I kissed you because I hate you."

"And you are gay?"

"As straight as a circle."

"Drop the sass."

"Oh you know you love it."

Tord rolled his eyes, a grin covering his face. Tom opened his arms, spreading them like an eagle about to take off in flight.

"Whatcha doing there?"

"Summoning a horned demon to my arms."

"Lovely."

Tord moved into Tom's arms. And Tom loved the feeling. Tord had a warm body temperature, and it heated Tom. The smell was amazing, and he wished he could inhale it all day. Soft rain bounced off the windows, sending small shadows around the room. The world outside was getting darker, but the light in this room was enough to make Tom see clearly.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"
Tord paused, his body stiffened. Tom felt a wave of panic rush over his body. Honestly Tom was scared. Tord could say no. Tord might be using Tom, or he might not understand his own feelings. He felt his mind start to spin. Chaos was about to erupt-

"Of course."

"Should I be concerned for the hesitation?"

"Not in the slightest."

"Alright."

Tom softly kissed Tord's cheek before moving Tord's head back over his shoulder. Tom then relaxed backward so they were both lying down.

"Is this real."

"Pinch me."

"No! I'm not hurting you."

"Tord, pinch me."

Tord slowly pinched Tom. Tom hissed softly in pain.

"Nope, this is real."

Tom woke up groggily to Tord's face close to his, a goofy smile covering Tord's face.

"Morning creeper."

"Wow, what a way to greet your boyfriend."

The duo both blushed at that. They stared at each other for a moment, completely lost in their own universe. Tom didn't know how he got here. But he was damn sure happy that he did. He had the guy of his dreams, he had a guardian who cared for him, and he had a house he wasn't scared to enter and leave every day. The only thing missing was Susan. But maybe she was something that should stay in the past. Music wasn't going to take him anywhere anyway.

"So...."

"So...."

"What should we-"

A ring erupted from Tom's phone, and he looked at it questioningly. Regardless he picked it up.

"Hel-"

"Where the fuck is my son!"

"Mrs. Larrison?"

"Yes, it's me! Put Tord on the phone! Now!"

Tom slowly handed the phone to Tord. He waited patiently for the call to end, but he caught a lot of cussing coming from the other side of the phone.

"I-I gotta go."

"Need me to walk you?"

"No, I'll manage."

"Stay safe. Wouldn't want anything happening to you."

"Alright. Bye Tom."

"Bye Commie."