Chapter 295 The Oasis, Surging Undercurrents

The Oasis was a special place for those within these parts of the hellish desert of the southern lands. It is a place of refuge, meant to soothe the weary souls of the mercenaries and travelers alike that dared to roam these sands.

Peering at it from a distance, one would see a large lake that spanned a few hundred meters with trees and different structures built around it, making the entire area seem no different from a small town.

The structures were mostly of a square shape with many tents of assorted colors erected on the sandy floor, each having men and women vendors of varying skin tones from dark to light garbed in typical desert wears. Some wore more revealing clothes that wrapped core areas as others were fully clad in cloth, showing only their eyes.

Occasionally, one would notice a few non-southerners moving about with various essence beasts as mounts, wearing uniforms from smaller sects found only in the Golden Dragon Empire and the Margerum Empire. The entire town had a lively vibe as the people's voices sounded everywhere, filling with a rich atmosphere.

At this time, the wide-open entrance crowded with newcomers, some carrying a cold air as they wore black cloth with blades on their backs, riding on the backs of large dark-skinned horses. Others had a more friendly but indifferent aura; they each had shaved heads with a metallic pole on their backs garbed in loose-fitting cloth with a sash binding their waste.

A peddler who was dealing with strange desert plants looked at this group with surprise as he spoke to his companion.

"Hey look, that's a Desert Hunter Unit of the Bandit Union branch in Bandit Town, and a few core disciples of the Southern Revolution's Desert Shaolin Temple. With the grudges between both sides, I didn't think I'd see the day both would act in accordance, since when did they pay attention to the affairs in our remote region?"

The female companion made a suspicious look as they replied, "Hmm, I'm not sure, but it looks like things won't be so simple, take a look, it's not only them, but quite a few key groups are hidden in this batch of newcomers."

As the male peddler heard those words, his eyes showed a trace of surprise as he saw a few peculiar groups staring at the Desert Hunters and the Desert Shaolin. They moved behind each other in a single file, much like a well-coordinated team headed towards the Oasis's core regions.

The peddler looked at the direction they went with a trace of surprise as he spoke in a low voice, "That direction... it couldn't be. Are they here because of that rumor?"

The female companion showed a pale look as she heard those words; she knew very well what that rumor meant; she was about to say something more, but right at this time, she couldn't help but notice a few other newcomers.

The male peddler also noticed the new party, his eyes narrowed before it returned to normal as he spoke, "Thing's aren't looking good for those of the enclave, but I suppose that isn't for us to worry over."

Before she nodded in agreement, the female thought for a moment, the two now staring in silence as the new party slowly entered the Oasis.

With a gust of wind, dust went soaring about the open space as Tao Shen and Feng Yu's parties had suddenly arrived at the entrance. They slowly urged their Desert Prowlers at the sides and forefront of the carriage at their center while taking in the sights around them.

A few persons noticed their arrival, but few paid them any attention as they were all focused on the more prominent factions that had arrived.

"Finally, we're back, whew! Spending more than a month outside was beginning to take its toll," Tao Shen said with a relieved expression, his manner now a bit more open as he didn't see a need to treat Feng Yu's party like strangers.