Chapter 09 - A Dangerous Situation, Golden Furred Ape King

Read chapters ahead on my website: https://www.shadowsnet.com

Read on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

*****

The harsh rain soon ended abruptly, as if nature could feel something wrong. The clouds slowly began to part away revealing rays of light that shone down upon the forestry within the mountain range.

A shadow was immersed by one of the sun rays creating a golden luminance throughout the area. It stood on top of a broken tree that was once a towering construct of nature reaching towards the vastness of the heavens.

The air in the field was now very thick, and it was as if a knife could be used to slice the tense atmosphere. The Golden Furred Ape King stared at the injured members of its tribe in anger. Seeing that the Golden Crown Red Tiger King was still dazed, it swiftly rushed towards him creating sonic booms as it traversed the distance almost within a flash.

BOOM! WHOOSH!

"YOU DARE TO INJURE MY CHILDREN! I, APE KING, WILL NOT LET THIS REST!" The Golden Furred Ape King shouted as it approached, with blinding speeds that touched the limit of the sound barrier, the Golden Crown Red Tiger King.

Suddenly, a tornado formed in the region resulting from the Golden Furred Ape King's swift charge. It began to expand, collapsing most of the nearby bushes and smaller trees. Some of the injured apes were pushed towards further trees while the stronger elder apes were capable of holding their spots. The Golden Furred Ape King was not slow due to its size. In fact, besides having an immense amount of strength, it had a great talent for speed.

"ROOAAAARRRR!"

Swoosh! Swoosh! Swoosh!

Recovering from its fear-stricken state and letting out a roar of might, the tiger king immediately prepared for battle knowing full well that trying to escape would be meaningless. A furious expression formed on its face and a sharp light shone within its eyes. It quickly gathered power into its legs, crushing the ground where it stood, as it propelled itself forward towards the Golden Furred Ape King for a head-on collision.

KAABOOOMMMM!

Their clash caused the already turbulent environment to become even more of a disorder. As if assaulted by a hurricane all the silver-furred apes were tossed into the air flying tens of meters away from the central location.

Feng Yu, who hid in some shrubbery nearby, was instantly exposed because of the powerful shockwave caused by the 9 Star Essence Beasts collisions. While being blown away through the air, he swiftly stabilized himself by performing a spinning motion with his body. Then he immediately used <Lightning Flash Steps> to avoid the remaining wind pressure.

Flash!

Instantly, he arrived on top of a large tree a couple of meters away from the battle zone. Feng Yu looked towards the distant battling creatures. They seemed to reshape the environment with a single swipe of their hands. He then glanced at the unguarded Jar of Monkey Liquor resting between sturdy stones at the center of the field.

"Not Good! Why would a 'Variation Essence Beast' be here? D*mmit! Who cares? It's all or nothing!!" Screaming out in defiance towards the heavens for playing such a trick, Feng Yu decided to take this opportunity to steal the Jar of Monkey Liquor.

Variation Essence Beast are creatures born with unique talents different from ordinary essence beasts. Some awaken with ancient bloodlines, and others with unique gifts bestowed by the Heavens. These creatures are said to be Invincible in the same rank and are capable of realm crossing during combat due to their natural endowments. There are some born with incredible wisdom, no different from that of a human, making them break away from the fetter of needing a high cultivation base to speak.