Chapter 369 The Difference In Swords

Feng Yu now found himself standing at the center of a vast space, the former pathway towards the end of the Path of Swords no longer apart of his sights. Everything was empty in this world as if it was a realm where nothing existed, nothing but the figure of the strange man standing a distance before him, firmly grasping his sword.

For a Stage Two Sword Intent to be like this, I can't let my guard down. Formless, eh? If I were to go by its name, then I think I might even know who this man is, Feng Yu said with sternness; he didn't dare to let his guard down as he stood ready, raising both swords in his arms.

The man in mystical battle armor calmly stood as he held onto his strange ethereal-like sword that now shone dimly. His lips curved into a smile as he spoke as if invoking a skill, "The stage is ready. Let us begin, boy. Sword of Phantasm..."

The man's body began to twist along with his sword wrapping around into a swirl that soon vanished into the surroundings.

He's coming.

Feng Yu's eyes narrowed when he grew more serious. He didn't dare to hold himself back, pushing his Sword Intent to its maximum as a crimson field scattered around him against the strange world of nothingness.

If it were usually, one would see a scenario of two Sword Intent Domains struggling against each other for dominance, creating two distinct fields. However, in this case, it was much different.

Feng Yu's domain seemed as if the world had impeded it. Strands of sword energy flowed from his weapons as they struggled to conjure into his semi-transparent red swords doused by his killing intent. They wobbled as they floated around him, aiming toward all directions.

Suddenly, the swords trembled before they shattered into bits of pieces as his scarlet domain formed by his killing intent shrunk, shrinking back into his body.

Such a powerful suppression, it seems as it is for other Martial Intents; the same applies to Sword Intent. Since his is of a stronger level, I can't manifest Intent Domain beyond my physical body, which means my strength is even more limited. Right now, I can only rely on the little I can control and my senses.

Feng Yu no longer tried to call upon his Killing Extreme forcibly. His body became shrouded by the energy of his scarlet-colored Sword Intent as he closed his eyes to search for his adversary using his spiritual sense.

Silence reigned for a few seconds, as no matter how and where Feng Yu searched, he couldn't sense even a strand of the man's presence. Sweat rolled from his cheeks as a tense atmosphere arose; an unknown wind blew across the area, rustling his clothing and hair as he began to feel unsettled.

Where the hell is he? I can't detect even a strand of his energy, were in the same cultivation realm, it shouldn't be this difficult to find—

At this moment, where Feng Yu was contemplating with a troubled look, his eyes widened as he felt a presence behind him. There the strange man stood silently with a sly in his eyes.

"Looking for me?" The man said in a cheeky tone, but his actions showed no pleasantness despite their playfulness. When he finished his words, he moved his hand, stabbing his sword toward Feng Yu's back at incredible speeds.

This isn't good; I have to evade!

Feng Yu inwardly exclaimed as he quickly conjured strands of lightning bolts on his feet, preparing to use his Lightning Flash Steps. It was a technique that he could typically invoke instantly, but today, it would seem that it was too late.

In a bizarre occurrence, Feng Yu could only watch as the sword of his adversary tear through his torso, stretching out for almost a meter. His eyes sunk as he looked down while trembling, but what remained odd was that the sword didn't seem to stab him but pass through his body. It was as if the blade was real, yet not real, as if it was... formless.