Chapter 84: The Mystical Fortress of Battlefield?

Join my discord to keep updated:

https://discord.gg/ffVV7cV

Want to support DSG? Want extra chapters? Join me on Patreon by following the link below:

www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

*****

Ancient Dragon Battlefield, Interior Regions, within the Foggy Zone.

The air was hazy, as dense fog shrouded the land for as far as the eye could see. It was a pale mist, one that carried a chilling coldness within, seeping through the thickest of cloaks and most versatile of armors. 

As the dawn's light peered through the mist of this barely recognizable environment one would see outlines of structures, broken or missing certain sections, a few larger structures even had strange deformations seeming to have been gripped and used as weapons. 

A variety of corpses rested on the grounds of these forsaken lands each belonging to both humanity and fiendkind. However, if one looked carefully at these corpses, they would realize that a few of them had recently been added to this field within the mist.

Their blood was mostly faded and frozen below layers of ice and dirt, as their bodies were ruptured and pierced with many different wounds of certain standards. A few of them even had broken weapons plunged deeply into the flesh, the remainder of edges sticking out of their bodies gleaming in a sharp light.

A stifling silence pervaded over this region, as only the sound of a brisk wind could be heard gently blowing across the desolated battlefield. Soon though, there came a change...

It started out low, progressing bit by bit with its volume rising at a constant pace.

Step-step-step-step!

A combination of footsteps could now be heard throughout the area, giving this pale atmosphere a tinge of life. The steps echoes continued to grow louder as their source drew closer and closer with each passing second. It could be inferred that the speed at which these individuals were moving was not slow but similar to an army at full charge.

Soon, their battle cries could be heard along with the noise of their running footsteps.

"Charge!"

"Kill the humans and sever their heads! We must claim victory for our Zone Commander!"

"Kill! Kill! Kill!"

Instantly, a series of silhouettes could be seen quickly traversing through these foggy lands. They bore different sizes ranging from heights of taller than normal humans and giant-like beings. 

Soon, the forms of these individuals charging towards the misty unknown became clearer, as they numbered in the thousands. The dirt from the desolate field formed dust clouds that added further confusion and obscurity to their forms hidden away by these dense mists. 

They were creatures with blue skin and muscular bodies with broadheads that had two cow-like horns at both sides of their foreheads; each wore a similar kind of armor being made to cover only their lower bodies leaving their upper parts bear. Their 'legging's' style armors were engraved with tree swirly markings like this '~' each of which was positioned horizontally in a parallel manner.     

While charging towards the now vaguely recognizable silhouettes of their enemies, their eyes gleamed in a fiendish light indicating the very essence of their true nature.