Chapter 38 - Sudden Insights, An Unusual Xiang Shu

Read on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7912KX

****

It was a battle that transcended the very limits of man, as beams of sword light rained down destruction towards a desolate land of ruin buildings and ancient constructs. The energies bore through the buildings and tore through the earth, as it left deep gashes that scarred the very land.

Shing! Shing! Bang!

With the sound of an explosion, a blue-haired form was soon relieved hidden beneath what was once a towering ancient building. It then looked up towards another figure of red hair that stood above the earth descending like a god amongst men and then placed its fists together, forming a ball of electric current around its strange looking knuckles.

Pzzzzz! KA-Bang! Along with the sounding of thunder, a blue lightning bolt instantly soared to the sky from the ground leaving only a remnant shade of the previous blue-haired form, as it shot towards the red-haired form with full momentum.

"Heavenly Shocking Circuit: First Style - Double Shock Palms!" The blue-haired form roared.

The red-haired form looked on without any emotion as it moved one of the swords by its side in an elusive manner. Soon, a trail of swords could be seen creating an illusion of multiple swords surrounding the red-haired form.

"Sword Foundation Tactics: Path of Balance: Burry Mantis Swords!" The red-haired form shouted.

In an instant, there came silence, as the attacks of both forms collided creating a shockwave that instantly generated a vacuum zone. In the space, all sound ceased, but after a short moment, the 'zone' was soon destroyed by a raging current of blue electrical energy that spread outwards scattering towards the distant buildings and constructs creating further ruin to the environment.

Pzzzzz! As the electrical energies continued to wreak havoc, the red-haired form stood as firm as a rock in mid-air as it stubbornly blocked both fists of the blue-haired figure with its sword. However, there was suddenly a change, the blue-haired form that was pressing its attack retracted its skill as it flickered with blue lightning appearing a few meters away from the red-haired form focusing its gaze towards the sky.

Soon, a rain of arrows could be seen falling towards both forms at terrifying speeds, blanketing more than 200 meters of the sky. Followed by a voice that seemed to have sounded from everywhere but nowhere at the same time.

"HuiMang Bow Arts: 2nd Bolt: Sky's Stripper!" Said the voice of a black-haired form which could now be seen hiding a few hundred meters away.

As the rain of arrows continued to fall, the two forms that were within its area of effect were not panicked instead they prepared to receive it directly. The blue-haired form moved and positioned its hands into a brawling stance.

"Heavenly Shocking Circuit: Second Style - Shock Palm Barrage!" It roared as it launched a barrage of palms towards the rain of arrows in the sky creating thousands upon thousands of electric palm shades, the bolts that encountered its palms exploded with brute force creating a small shockwave for each blow landed.

The red-haired form seeing this did not attack the rain of arrows but aim its vision somewhere else looking directly towards the black-haired form in the distance. Slowly, it reached towards the other sword on its left side and drew it, fully equipping itself with two swords. It then crouched down and leaned its body forward as it positioned the tip of each sword towards the ground with both arms placed backward assuming the form of a bird ready to take flight.