Chapter 83 - Matuk's Tribe, A Dangerous Mission!

Join my discord to keep updated:

https://discord.gg/ffVV7cV

Want to support DSG? Want extra chapters? Join me on Patreon by following the link below:

www.patreon.com/ShadowsFinger

*****

The Gloomy Forest was as a bleak as ever, as the constant downpour carried with it a heaviness that weighted down on the souls of many of the forest's inhabitants. Still, while many would be lost into this dull state of mood, there were a few inhabitants who displayed unusually excited and ferocious traits, as could be seen by the inhabitants of a tribe gathered before us...

It was a vast and loosely fortified tribal ground, with fences made of oak-like wood that enclosed an area spanning no more than 1000 meters. This wooden fence was crudely connected and plunged deeply into the ground; it was connected to a central entryway that had no obstacles with a tower positioned its center elevated a few meters from the ground.

A bundle of sharpened versions of these oak-like woods was bounded together tightly with sturdy looking vines as their pointed tips aimed forwards. They were placed around this wooden enclosure as well as a few meters away from the entryway of the tribe.

Within this tribal ground, was a group of crude buildings made of wood, grass, and stones. A few more ancient and unusually advance buildings could be seen at random locations inside of the tribe, but these buildings only remained as a remnant of their former prestige.

Tum! Tum! Tum-Tum-Tu-Tum! ~

In a wild and archaic style of beat, a group of dark skinny creatures gathered together in the form of a ceremony. They were wearing crudely crafted armor made from the dead wood and grasses collected from the surrounding environment while dancing in a tribe-like manner.

As if they were in-tuned with the beat both of their legs would tap the floor four times before they pointed their claw-like palms towards a large central pillar at the direct center of this tribe.

Upon stretching their palms outwards, they would shout in unison saying, "Ou!" Their voices resounded throughout the area ignoring the by rain. If one looked carefully, they would see a strand of dark energy leave these inhabitants claw-like palms and shoot towards the central pillar.

This pillar was strange, as it was coated in a white tone with its structure made from an unknown source. An arrangement of complex runic patterns was laid out across its plain white surface each of which would be usually dull was now glowing in a myriad of tints.

As the strands of dark energies entered the pillar, the glowing runes on its surface only grew brighter and brighter with each passing moment. Soon, the energies gathered within the pillar reached a point of saturation causing it to send ripples of energies in throughout the sky.

Phew! Quickly, a beam of light shot towards the sky soon after returning to the pillar which then formed a new runic design on its surface. If one observed the pillar once again, they would see that approximately 97% of the pillar was covered with these marking.

Suddenly, the beating of the drums had come to abrupt end. The dancing creatures became silent as a taller and a well-armored elderly looking creature surrounded by a few others walked towards the pillar of the ritual.

The elderly creature then inspected the pillar for a moment before shifting its gaze towards the congregated tribesmen and spoke, "Fellow Tribesmen! In roughly three days the Ascension Pillar will be ready, and our Chieftain will finally be able to ascend to new heights become a High Tier Leader under the wing of our great Zone Commander! If this happens, we will be able to join the direct army and go to battle against the humans on the frontlines earning us points to buy our freedoms!"